Monday, November 2, 2009

"You Can Smell The Food From Your Seat !!!"

when i was an innocent child my mind hasn't been raped by the harsh reality of world... I always imagine about anything. One thing i remembered is that I want to fly to the sky and sit on the cloud and eat it - hopefully it taste like a cotton candy. Now I know that the cloud is just made out of frozen H20.

One time I told my mum that I hope it can rain candies or jelly beans or something cause she won't buy me those kinda stuff.

Then, in 2009 I stumble upon a trailer of a new movie. Where raining foods are made possible - that's when I fall in love with 'Cloudy, With a Chance of Meatballs'. It's loosely based on a children book with the same title but I never read the book, so...

I was very excited when I see the movie hoping to see it in 3D but my friend was like 'Hey, see if it's any good first", cause he was mad that I refuse to watch Pandorum.



The movie is about a guy named Flint Lockwood who was obsessed with invention, he lives in a town called Swallow Falls. The town depends on sardines as their main economy resource but when the sardine company's closed the town started to fall leaving overflow of sardines which pushed its residence to eat sardine and nothing but sardine.

Then, Flint decided to create a machine called FLDSMDFR which stands for 'Flint Lockwood Diatonic Super Mutating Dynamic Food Replicator'... which supposed to end the sardine-famine that's been happening at the town.


Anna Faris (Scary Movie 1-4) is in the movie too... she played the voice of Sam Sparks a weather girl who was reporting at Swallow Falls. Then, she become Flint's love interest.

When the machine started to make food rains, sardines are no longer their staple. Flint's father is a sample of typical egoistic dad who uses metaphores to give advice to their son. I mean they love you but they don't want to show it directly. Flint's relationship with his dad hasn't been going on well due to his dad disapproval of his interest in inventing stuff - cause Flint tend to fail.

The plot kicks in when the machine started to mutate causing the food it produce to became mutant food like kung-fu roasted chicken for example.

So it was Flint's responsibility to fix this with the help of his friend. So what's gonna be next. Go watch this. I can guarantee you'll be hungry for food after you watch this. Going to Hartz Chicken !!!

3 1/2 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment