Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Screening for Comments

Some folks have been concerned about the comment moderation on this blog. A few even upset. I figured I'd give a heads up about why.

Before you cry hypocrite, let me state: BITE ME. A personal blog done by unpaid people, with a purpose of changing something is different then Home. Home is a business, with paying customers. It takes funds, and restricts useage of the product they sell. It's like if you bought a Sony TV and they told you "we decide when you watch TV." I started this blog in order to accomplish that.

Going through comments of older posts, let me state there is no shortage of negative comments about the blog, us, and people who support us. However, towards the end of January the blog started to suffer attacks from those we expose. These attacks started off as just idiotic posts, (One of them said: "Close the blog Spongefag Shitpants!" although it is kind of funny.) Over the span of a week I was forced to remove tons of spamming trolls' posts, and it got to be a real headache. Here are examples of critical comments, and spam.
Someone wants attention. Poster should of just sent this to lochwood instead of wanting it to be seen by the world. Stick with Home problems and not personal attacks Home-watch.
Dude pull the dick out of your ass faggot
One is constructive, one isn't. Sadly, the latter type began to fill up the comments page. When I started this blog I could go a full day without having to check the blog. I got email alerts, so I could read all the comments as I pleased, without digging. But then after crapping on a select few people, the comment fields began getting idiotic. I turned on the captcha and it kept happening, although slower. Even though I strongly disagree with Sony's censorship, I wouldn't blink an eye nor get upset if they removed posts that were nothing more then "Dude pull the dick out of your ass faggot." They're pointless, non-constructive, and they're only posted to get people worked up, and for admins to remove. That way they can play the "boo hoo censorship" card. Sorry, I'm a little smarter then you, I see through it, and I will continue to eliminate pointless garbage.

I plan to turn off the moderation for comments today, because I hate babysitting each and every comment, and having to hear my phone go off every 5 minutes when a new comment shows up in my email. I've been working very diligently to identify the spammers in question, I have traced most of them to location, what times they spam, etc. I will locate you. I will expose you.

No comments:

Post a Comment