Friday, February 26, 2010

5 things I like about The Biggest Loser Asia

Everyone love reality shows. One of my fave is The Biggest Loser

I like The Biggest Loser because I like seeing plus-sized (notice that I always use plus-sized instead of the F word, I don't want to offend anyone) people get tortured. TBL is like an initiation for these people before they can be accepted into the community.

Finally in 2009, Hallmark Channel had come up with an Asia edition of The Biggest Loser Asia. I was a little skeptic about it at first because almost any American-based show failed once it was Asian-ated - remember Malaysian Idol?

After the first episode, which shows the audition across Asia it already captured my attention and I can't wait for the next episode to come. So here I'm going to share 5 things i love about this show - it's not in particular order tho'.

#5 Sarimah Ibrahim 

Sarimah Ibrahim is the perfect choice for the job of hosting this show. Not only because she is a fluent English speaker and she looks Asian but also she kinda remind me of The host for American TBL, Caroline Rhea.
'Notice the resemblance, only she's blonder'

#4The show took place in Melaka (Malaysia)


I'm not a patriotic person, but when my country is put in an international television I will be most of the time proud of it. The opening credit for this show makes you think 'is this the biggest loser Asia or the biggest loser Malaysia'.

#3 Plus-sized people can finally contribute something to the Asian entertainment industry

It was a harsh reality because most of the time size is a matter in the entertainment industry, plus-sized people often failed to stay in the pedestal or they can only become either a host or comedian. With TBL, they finally can became a star of a reality show.

"Comedian, Host , Singer"

#2 The Drama is Too Real Too Be Edited

The first episode already cause drama when only few people are selected to be in the house. Most of the drama in the show involved health problems which is what we will see in the real world. Of course when 'these' people are put on a treadmill for the first time lots of things will happened.

Here's some example worth mentioning.
  • Damietta sprained her ankles when she runs over a small hole.
  • Kevin was dehydrated for the first time ever in his life after undergoing exercise.
  • The Pinoy Alliance .
#1 It's the first ever The Biggest Loser Asia!!!

That's all for now... don't forget to check in next time for 5 things I hate about The Biggest Loser Asia... which you know will include 'The ever annoying The Pinoy Alliance' which was broken thanks to the emergence of Black Team (the contestant have to compete individually).

LASTLY

MY FAVE CONTESTANTS !!!

MARTHA (HONG KONG)
KING DAVID (INDONESIA)
AARON (MALAYSIA)

No comments:

Post a Comment