Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Using “The Man” (aka White Man) as your crutch. The over the top debate that is too silly to be real. Or is it?


We are having a heated discussion in the Citizen Household regarding “The Man”. Citizen Wifey says that black men (myself included) need to stop blaming “The Man” for our problems. The term she uses is “stop using the white man as your crutch”. She says black men act like they are back in slavery by making those comments. Citizen Wifey believes black men are capable and we shouldn’t let anyone hold us back. In my opinion Citizen Wifey doesn’t know what she is talking about. I believe in blaming the man early and often. But the man I got beef with is not “All White Men”. I got a beef with “The Man”. I’m not talking about the white coal miner in West Virginia. I’m not talking about the white auto plant worker in Michigan. I’m not even talking about the white oil roughneck in Texas. I am talking about the white men that have power in America. The same one’s that send us to war and play games with our mutual funds. They work us to death on our jobs and lay us off when they need to save money. That is “The Man” I’m talking about. So when I come home and say “The Man” is on my back……he is!!! I went to get my haircut today and my barber said I looked tired. I told him “The Man”. He started talking that Citizen Wifey mess. If he wasn’t a good barber, I would’ve walked out without getting a haircut. Do I blame “The Man” for the weather being bad………….(well they could be more accurate) but nope. But I do blame him for the current Financial Crisis. If you watch the news lately, you will see that other people blame him too. Why do you think laid off workers are protesting in front of CEO’s homes? That’s “The Man” people!!! I told you my wife is wrong! I know we have been taught to believe that “The Man” is one person. Some white guy with white hair that wears an off white suit with brown shoes. “The Man” is a collective group of power brokers. And these individuals play us (you, me, your cousin and them) like a game of chess. I wish that I knew the correct name for them but I don’t. Calling them “The Organization” is so passé’. I like “The Man” better because it sounds more sinister. So the next time gas prices go up….blame “The Man”. If you don’t get a bonus next year on your job….blame “The Man”. Your retirement savings is depleted…..blame “The Man”. It’s not rocket science people!!! Unless you believe Citizen Wifey and think this isn’t true?

No comments:

Post a Comment