Thursday, April 29, 2010

Somethings "Just Not Right?" The Citizen Family debates Queen Latifah.




I was at a cookout and the topic of Queen Latifah’s new movie came up. One individual (a man) said he didn’t like to see her in romantic roles. Either it had something to do with Hip Hop or the fact she was playing against Paula Patton. I can’t remember which one exactly but the Paula Patton “Love Triangle” is unrealistic. I think Latifah is an attractive woman but something is not right about her playing someone’s love interest. I think it has to do with her sketchy dating history (or the lack thereof). You never see her with a man or hear about a man in her life. Well…….Maybe she plays for the other team. But if that’s the case then just be upfront about it. When I look at her I can’t tell what she wants or likes. That makes her confusing to me.


Side Note: Citizen Wifey said “It’s none of my business who she dates. And why wouldn’t Common get with Latifah. He was with Badu and he is currently with Serena Williams.”


My response to Citizen Wifey’s “Side Note”: “Get your own post.”


I wonder is my opinion based on the fact that I’m a man? When women see this movie will they wonder about her sexual orientation? In the end, does it really even matter?

No comments:

Post a Comment