Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Bond Denied For Sexual Exploitation Suspect


I've been following this case as well, and I noticed that this little factoid wasn't posted: Judge Calls Alexander 'Risk To Community'

A federal judge denied bond Monday morning for a Florida woman charged with sending obscene material to a minor.

Annamay Alexander, 44, met the 14-year-old boy while playing a Sony Playstation 3 game online. Police said Alexander drove from Florida to Oklahoma City to meet the boy at least once.

She was arrested last Wednesday by U.S. Marshals in Wichita Falls, Texas.

The boy's mother was in court Monday and told a reporter from Eyewitness News 5 that she is relieved Alexander is being denied bond. The mother left the courtroom surrounded by family, and she appeared to be upset.

An attorney representing Alexander argued that his client should be allowed to bond out of jail, suggesting she wear a GPS monitoring device.

Alexander is charged with transferring obscene material to a minor, two counts of sexual exploitation of a child and travel with intent to engage in illicit sexual conduct with a minor.
LOL rednecks. But this isn't really why I'm posting this. The reason I found this interesting is that it appears in the comments surrounding the news article, someone posted who appears to be the mother of the victim:

Okiemainer, my son played games with her family. She has sons around my son's age. Her family had multiple playstations and different family members played games with him at the same time. We believed he was talking to her teenage daughter on the phone. I asked questions about them. I believed what I was told. I was foolish not neglectful. I was upset after court because I didn't know some of the details that I found out today. I don't want your sympathy. I don't have any for me either just for him.

Apr. 5, 2010 6:47pm CST | from Defendingmyself
Oh snap.

No comments:

Post a Comment