Friday, October 15, 2010

So this is who the “Real” Mad Men were? The life and times of Steve Frankfurt.

I don’t watch the current television show “Mad Men.” I know it’s a period piece so I understand the lack of diversity. To be honest with you – I just don’t like all the hoopla around it. When I hear people talking about the “Good Ole Days’ and they don’t look like me I get nervous. Those days weren’t so “Good” for people that looked like me. Although more work needs to be done with diversity in advertising, there has been some progress. I did learn something new though. Frankfurt was involved in taking one of my favorite photographs of all time.









Check out how advertisement agencies look these days –


Austin and El Paso, TX

Chicago, IL and Atlanta, GA

Chicago, IL and Tampa, FL

Atlanta, GA

Brooklyn, NY - Detroit, MI – Atlanta, GA – Miami, FL

No comments:

Post a Comment