arkitect
Feb 1, 08:48 AM
You mean that hookers, cocaine and Ferrari's aren't everyone's dream? :confused:
Nope. Certainly not mine�
Are you the same NickZac who posts in PRSI? :confused:
Nope. Certainly not mine�
Are you the same NickZac who posts in PRSI? :confused:
WildCowboy
Oct 18, 04:40 PM
In other words, iPod and music-related revenues are still less than half the total.
Which reverses the trend from last quarter when iPods and their accessories outsold Mac by about $100 million. CPU revenue was up 19% sequentially, while iPod and iPod accessory revenue was only up 3%.
Which reverses the trend from last quarter when iPods and their accessories outsold Mac by about $100 million. CPU revenue was up 19% sequentially, while iPod and iPod accessory revenue was only up 3%.
balamw
Nov 3, 02:49 PM
The Vista EULA has been modified, presumably to relax the restrictions on reinstalling Vista and upgrading hardware... No changes to the limitations on virtualization for Home Basic and Home Premuim.
http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/windowsvista/archive/2006/11/02/news-revision-to-windows-vista-retail-licensing-terms.aspx
B
http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/windowsvista/archive/2006/11/02/news-revision-to-windows-vista-retail-licensing-terms.aspx
B

AdrianK
Apr 22, 05:00 PM
Right, so with the bigger screen size, Apple has either:
1) Dropped retina-display.
2) Decided on a new resolution that developers will have to adhere to, given that DVGA (double VGA) has been in use for a year and HVGA was in use for 4 years (3 exclusively).
Yeah, I'm not buying in to either
EDIT: I did not read the OP, I'm a moron. Still, bigger display, same res? Pretty lame... Apple just didn't 'future proof' when they chose DVGA.
1) Dropped retina-display.
2) Decided on a new resolution that developers will have to adhere to, given that DVGA (double VGA) has been in use for a year and HVGA was in use for 4 years (3 exclusively).
Yeah, I'm not buying in to either
EDIT: I did not read the OP, I'm a moron. Still, bigger display, same res? Pretty lame... Apple just didn't 'future proof' when they chose DVGA.
more...
PlipPlop
Apr 12, 05:20 PM
Are you planning on pre-ordering your HTC sensation so you can avoid the masses of people lined up to buy it?
Not sure if your being sarcastic but HTC are very hard to get around the launch time in the UK. Anyway yes, I am going to. The HTC Desire was almost impossible to get for about a month around release over here in the UK because of the massive demand for it.
Not sure if your being sarcastic but HTC are very hard to get around the launch time in the UK. Anyway yes, I am going to. The HTC Desire was almost impossible to get for about a month around release over here in the UK because of the massive demand for it.
sparkomatic
Mar 11, 08:43 PM
UGh. What a mess. Waited in line for 8 hours and they are sold out. So angry right now.
Oh man, that totally sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. I know at the Spectrum they kept coming by and counting the line and I'm sure they had a pretty good idea of what quantities they had but they wouldn't tell anyone.
I was going to get a 3G but by the time I got close and 3 hours later, they were sold out. So, I went with a 64GB wifi (which is what I was originally gonna get anyway). But, at that point, you wanna walk away with something after spending your afternoon waiting in line.
I really wish they would have done pre-orders for this.
Oh man, that totally sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. I know at the Spectrum they kept coming by and counting the line and I'm sure they had a pretty good idea of what quantities they had but they wouldn't tell anyone.
I was going to get a 3G but by the time I got close and 3 hours later, they were sold out. So, I went with a 64GB wifi (which is what I was originally gonna get anyway). But, at that point, you wanna walk away with something after spending your afternoon waiting in line.
I really wish they would have done pre-orders for this.
more...
Parkin Pig
Apr 9, 08:22 AM
From the decommissioned power station at Thorpe Marsh, UK.
It reminded me of the door Jim Carrey used to exit his 'world' in 'The Truman Show'.
It reminded me of the door Jim Carrey used to exit his 'world' in 'The Truman Show'.
nies
Apr 25, 11:18 PM
and Plutonious, are you voting for me only since i voted for you?
more...

ericshu
Sep 30, 10:16 AM
:rolleyes: Wow, both of you missed it entirely. My point is the same as yours.
The poster I replied to suggested that Apple could have split their contract so that both AT&T and Verizon would have the iPhone (meaning better overall service today). But in the end, that would mean less profit for Apple.
I was explaining that Apple would not have made an exclusive agreement had there been no extra money involved. That's my point.
Exactly!!! Could not have said it better! Cannot see the forest for the trees!!!!!!!!
The poster I replied to suggested that Apple could have split their contract so that both AT&T and Verizon would have the iPhone (meaning better overall service today). But in the end, that would mean less profit for Apple.
I was explaining that Apple would not have made an exclusive agreement had there been no extra money involved. That's my point.
Exactly!!! Could not have said it better! Cannot see the forest for the trees!!!!!!!!
bella92108
Jun 6, 07:53 PM
As usual American's (yeah I'm American) love to blame someone for their own responsibility. It's so weird how people on here fight for freedom from the lockdowns that Apple puts on it's developers, freedoms from the limitations and restrictions Apple puts on the iPhone (hence why people jailbreak). Yet when a parent doesn't take accountability for their absence of judgement and legal obligation to be responsible for their child, everyone goes off on Apple for not having the protections in place to prevent this?
There are so many hypocrites in this country, probably because nobody wants to take accountability for their own actions. What if it were a gun. If the parent left it on the night stand with a bullet in it, and the kid picked it up and shot & killed someone, would you all be blaming the maker of the gun? No, you'd be going after the parents for failure to supervise their kid which led to actions causing someone's death.
So why is it different here?
IT'S NOT.
There are so many hypocrites in this country, probably because nobody wants to take accountability for their own actions. What if it were a gun. If the parent left it on the night stand with a bullet in it, and the kid picked it up and shot & killed someone, would you all be blaming the maker of the gun? No, you'd be going after the parents for failure to supervise their kid which led to actions causing someone's death.
So why is it different here?
IT'S NOT.
more...

beatzfreak
Apr 25, 04:49 PM
I am surrounded by windows, wonderful views, and don't want to close all my blinds and and be in the dark so that I can use my awesome reflective computer monitor. I appreciate that the glass may be wonderful for some, but understand that it is awful for others. The option for a matte screen is logical. Open your mind, respect the views of others, and stop being a tool.
Me too. Large windows, high ceilings. It's the reason I'm still using a PowerMac G5, but the lack of support(for non-intel) and really no other options, I've decided to clean out a closet and will be using the iMac in there. Kinda pathetic, but Apple leaves me no choice.
Me too. Large windows, high ceilings. It's the reason I'm still using a PowerMac G5, but the lack of support(for non-intel) and really no other options, I've decided to clean out a closet and will be using the iMac in there. Kinda pathetic, but Apple leaves me no choice.
stevegmu
Jan 30, 01:57 PM
How does one buy stock anyway? (from the UK)
I have absolutely no idea on the subject, is it just a matter of buying a share at a couple of hundred dollars, watching Apple go through one of its "win" moments then selling it for a little profit ($50 or whatever) just as a starter? What about tax?
You can trade online from an e-commerce firm, such as this one--
http://www.iii.co.uk/about/
I have absolutely no idea on the subject, is it just a matter of buying a share at a couple of hundred dollars, watching Apple go through one of its "win" moments then selling it for a little profit ($50 or whatever) just as a starter? What about tax?
You can trade online from an e-commerce firm, such as this one--
http://www.iii.co.uk/about/
more...
torbjoern
May 2, 12:47 AM
Right about now Bin Laden is sitting next to the furnace in hell
Nah - probably in Heaven with his 70 virgins on the magic mother-of-pearl bed where not even the angels can see what he's doing...
Nah - probably in Heaven with his 70 virgins on the magic mother-of-pearl bed where not even the angels can see what he's doing...
cmaier
Apr 11, 02:45 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but wasn't "Light Peak" supposed to be implemented via fiber optics for internal implementation?
if by "internal" you mean "inside the box," that seems unlikely. The main benefit of fiber optics is over distances greater than those inside a PC. Signals on PCB's travel at something like 25% of the speed of light (depending on dielectric), which may seem slow, but is very speedy compared to the long cables used to connect PCs to external peripherals.
if by "internal" you mean "inside the box," that seems unlikely. The main benefit of fiber optics is over distances greater than those inside a PC. Signals on PCB's travel at something like 25% of the speed of light (depending on dielectric), which may seem slow, but is very speedy compared to the long cables used to connect PCs to external peripherals.
more...
TimUSCA
Apr 13, 03:24 PM
Fact is apple Does not like to play by the rules. They want to have their products run on different accessories and what not. Apple does not believe in some of the other common things such as Blu-ray. Will piss you off when the standard wall mounts do fit and you have to buy the apple ones that cost 55% more. Basically Apple will not want to play with the other manufacturers not be the ones with universal remote codes. Be the company that doesn't place HDMI out on the TV because they don't believe 7.1 surround sound is worth anything.
Stop being a fool.
The Mac Mini has HDMI out. Why on Earth would Apple not include HDMI on a television? Also, my Harmony remote has no problem mimicking the AppleTV remote.
Stop being a fool.
The Mac Mini has HDMI out. Why on Earth would Apple not include HDMI on a television? Also, my Harmony remote has no problem mimicking the AppleTV remote.
nefan65
Apr 15, 02:41 PM
By that same vein, what has Apple ever developed that's anything close to a OS ? And no, Mac OS X, a bunch of components bought/taken from the open source community doesn't count... it's just a Unix distribution with a GUI layer on top. :rolleyes:
It's easy to discount anything going with that mentality. The fact is, Chrome OS is as much an undertaking as OS X was. It's more than just a "Web browser" since web browsers cannot be booted and don't provide graphical sub-systems, input management and process scheduling obviously.
(yes, I do realise Mac OS Classic existed).
And to answer your question directly : Android. ;)
ChromeOS has pieces of Linux...I'll give you that. But Google didn't do much...
Android is Linux. They didn't make that either.
It's easy to discount anything going with that mentality. The fact is, Chrome OS is as much an undertaking as OS X was. It's more than just a "Web browser" since web browsers cannot be booted and don't provide graphical sub-systems, input management and process scheduling obviously.
(yes, I do realise Mac OS Classic existed).
And to answer your question directly : Android. ;)
ChromeOS has pieces of Linux...I'll give you that. But Google didn't do much...
Android is Linux. They didn't make that either.
more...
DMann
Oct 1, 02:36 PM
AT&T has hands down the worst service I have ever experienced.
It is as though they were operating in an emerging mobile phone world sometime in the early 80's when phones were the size of a Sat phone or you carried it in its own portable case.
In all the years I was with Verizon I had maybe 10 dropped calls.
They should be ashamed of themselves. But really what do they care, they have the iphone exclusively for the time being.
I must say this reflects poorly on Apple who picked these idiots in the first place.
Honestly, on a day to day basis, I think about going back and just giving up, the service is just terrible and I live in NYC! Where there are towers everywhere, and I usually have 5 bars.
Despicable profit seeking, customer service unfriendly whores is what they are!Blame Verizon then. Apple approached Verizon first, and Verizon was unwilling to allow Apple to have full control over the OS, the design of the iPhone
itself, or to make concessions regarding profit sharing. CDMA would not have been an ideal choice for a global phone, in any event.
Hi,
I'm thinking of switching from Verizon to AT&T to get the iPhone. However, I'm hearing horror stories of up to 30% dropped calls in the NY area.
For all iPhone/AT&T users in northern NJ and NYC area, can you verify that you experience around 30% of dropped calls?? is this true??
http://gizmodo.com/5370493/apple-genius-bar-iphones-30-call-drop-is-normal-in-new-york
I want the iPhone, but not if it comes with such bad service!!
Thank you,
olimits7Northern NJ: zero dropped calls, excellent coverage overall.

Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato Cute

Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato
It is as though they were operating in an emerging mobile phone world sometime in the early 80's when phones were the size of a Sat phone or you carried it in its own portable case.
In all the years I was with Verizon I had maybe 10 dropped calls.
They should be ashamed of themselves. But really what do they care, they have the iphone exclusively for the time being.
I must say this reflects poorly on Apple who picked these idiots in the first place.
Honestly, on a day to day basis, I think about going back and just giving up, the service is just terrible and I live in NYC! Where there are towers everywhere, and I usually have 5 bars.
Despicable profit seeking, customer service unfriendly whores is what they are!Blame Verizon then. Apple approached Verizon first, and Verizon was unwilling to allow Apple to have full control over the OS, the design of the iPhone
itself, or to make concessions regarding profit sharing. CDMA would not have been an ideal choice for a global phone, in any event.
Hi,
I'm thinking of switching from Verizon to AT&T to get the iPhone. However, I'm hearing horror stories of up to 30% dropped calls in the NY area.
For all iPhone/AT&T users in northern NJ and NYC area, can you verify that you experience around 30% of dropped calls?? is this true??
http://gizmodo.com/5370493/apple-genius-bar-iphones-30-call-drop-is-normal-in-new-york
I want the iPhone, but not if it comes with such bad service!!
Thank you,
olimits7Northern NJ: zero dropped calls, excellent coverage overall.
Rowbear
Apr 10, 06:06 PM
Hi all. I photographed this American Robin today at the Fletcher Wildlife Refuge in Ottawa.
400mm, 1/2000sec, f/5.6, ISO 400, fill flash
http://www.robertgravel.ca/Animals/Oiseaux/MG8071-merle/1246861209_KdaNb-XL.jpg
400mm, 1/2000sec, f/5.6, ISO 400, fill flash
http://www.robertgravel.ca/Animals/Oiseaux/MG8071-merle/1246861209_KdaNb-XL.jpg
Stella
Apr 14, 03:09 PM
Jailbroken already, albeit, tethered!
http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/14/ios-4-3-2-now-available-to-download/
http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-4.3.2-ios-iphone-4-with-pwnagetool-4.3.2-bundle-how-to-tutorial/
http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/14/ios-4-3-2-now-available-to-download/
http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-4.3.2-ios-iphone-4-with-pwnagetool-4.3.2-bundle-how-to-tutorial/
NT1440
May 1, 10:08 PM
So the figure head who has had little to nothing to do with Al-Queada (a leaderless brand name of extremists at this point) since 9/11 is dead. Woo hoo. Meanwhile, terrorism in the world has only increased since the "war on terror" (something that was predicted and well known by US planners when gearing up for it).
Time to start the USA chants. :rolleyes:
Time to start the USA chants. :rolleyes:
ezekielrage_99
Jul 26, 09:41 AM
As long as the G6 iPods are less prone to scratches I will be happy :D
josephfarran
Jun 6, 06:40 PM
Did they really tell you to use the Shopping Cart feature in iTunes? Because since iTunes 9 this feature is gone now! The documentation you/Apple quoted is depricated unless your still using a pre iTunes 9 version.
I miss shopping cart, but it is still around - called wish list now. Click on the drop down arrow next to the file you want to DL and click "add to wish list." Not sure if it works like this on the iPhone OS though...
I miss shopping cart, but it is still around - called wish list now. Click on the drop down arrow next to the file you want to DL and click "add to wish list." Not sure if it works like this on the iPhone OS though...
extrafuzzyllama
Sep 15, 08:05 PM
picked up new ink for printer and an enclosure and two hdds
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/6171/imagetm.jpg
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/6171/imagetm.jpg
RalfTheDog
Apr 12, 11:53 AM
...
I think the current iPod line is just about perfect. I just wish the Shiny Back would go away for the Classic and the Touch. Looks pretty for the first day... then even one scratch blows that.
I think Liquid metal should take care of the scratch problem.
My argument, as well as others, is that you shouldn't have to do that. That's the complaint. They should give an option for a "Vanilla" install, and leave it at that. This is the same issue with Windows. You buy a new PC from DELL, HP, or whoever, and it's filled with all this extra stuff. Sure, I can reformat it, and do all that, but why? It's BRAND NEW. I shouldn't have to do anything, except install the apps I want/need, and files.
If you buy a new Dell or HP, your first step should be to write 0's to the hard drive, then install Linux or some form of BSD.
I'm curious why you would automatically upgrade at all, since you have an iPhone 4 already. What do you expect out of version 5 that you can't do now? I'm not being critical, if that's what you want go for it. I'm just curious why some people plan to upgrade every time, sight unseen.
4G data for tethering (probably unlimited when in 4g) as well as a better screen (Not more pixels, just sharper pixels with better color balance. Perhaps a bigger screen.)
***
As to the timing of the release, the later it is released, the better the selection of components they can choose to put in it. I am hoping for a release on the day after Thanksgiving.
Edited to say: I want an FM radio for when I go to the drive in.
I think the current iPod line is just about perfect. I just wish the Shiny Back would go away for the Classic and the Touch. Looks pretty for the first day... then even one scratch blows that.
I think Liquid metal should take care of the scratch problem.
My argument, as well as others, is that you shouldn't have to do that. That's the complaint. They should give an option for a "Vanilla" install, and leave it at that. This is the same issue with Windows. You buy a new PC from DELL, HP, or whoever, and it's filled with all this extra stuff. Sure, I can reformat it, and do all that, but why? It's BRAND NEW. I shouldn't have to do anything, except install the apps I want/need, and files.
If you buy a new Dell or HP, your first step should be to write 0's to the hard drive, then install Linux or some form of BSD.
I'm curious why you would automatically upgrade at all, since you have an iPhone 4 already. What do you expect out of version 5 that you can't do now? I'm not being critical, if that's what you want go for it. I'm just curious why some people plan to upgrade every time, sight unseen.
4G data for tethering (probably unlimited when in 4g) as well as a better screen (Not more pixels, just sharper pixels with better color balance. Perhaps a bigger screen.)
***
As to the timing of the release, the later it is released, the better the selection of components they can choose to put in it. I am hoping for a release on the day after Thanksgiving.
Edited to say: I want an FM radio for when I go to the drive in.
No comments:
Post a Comment