ten-oak-druid
Apr 28, 03:51 PM
They look the same to me in the picture. The white one is tipped slightly so that you see the front face surface a little. I think this makes the difference in appearance.
ladymacintosh
Apr 22, 04:53 PM
I'm not digging this. I think it will be too hard to hold onto being that thin and the prospect of pad charging leads me to wonder how on earth you go about charging it in a car? Doesn't sound very convenient. Not to mention, how long of a battery life could this thing possibly have?
Mobius 1
May 3, 09:06 AM
how do i reclaim the normal clocked speed of the CPU and GPU?
u know apple underclock and things like that
u know apple underclock and things like that
DeathChill
Apr 23, 12:36 PM
I guess I must be old school, I'm a consumer and I think about my wallet before the corporations treasure chest. Apple isn't pumping most of the profits back int the company or paying it out to shareholders. It's sitting in the bank. Or maybe they have something unimaginably huge in mind and I guess that is a possibility.
Hasn't Apple's success helped you think about your wallet? Companies are just now being able to price-match the iPad.
Hasn't Apple's success helped you think about your wallet? Companies are just now being able to price-match the iPad.
more...
maclaptop
May 4, 12:18 AM
OR another reason: Apple decided to go verizon exclusive and ATT is shunned.
If I wasn't a shareholder, I'd enjoy watching what would happen if this far fetched idea occurred. I know that it would certainly prove interesting.
If I wasn't a shareholder, I'd enjoy watching what would happen if this far fetched idea occurred. I know that it would certainly prove interesting.
rnelan7
Jan 31, 11:13 PM
I decided to treat myself to an early birthday present. Elgato EyeTV HD to watch tv on my iMac with dvr capabilities, I also picked up a 15 foot usb cable from Monoprice.
more...
renewed
Mar 3, 02:19 PM
He is living his life. I agree with a lot of his "quotes". AA is crap, people are trolling him and he may just be a rockstar from Mars (Lil Wayne is an alien after all). He seems to love his kids and his women do too. What's worse? Someone with an alternative lifestyle that takes care of their kids or someone with a "great lifestyle" that beats them on the side. They look healthy to me.
People are pissed because he stood up and talked out about Chuck and many people (union members, yuck) are out of jobs for now. If they were still getting paid they wouldn't be whining. Also it shows how powerful he is if a whole production is shut down without him. Should he go on for others? I don't think so. He doesn't agree with it and won't do it.
I say go epic on the world Mr. Sheen.
People are pissed because he stood up and talked out about Chuck and many people (union members, yuck) are out of jobs for now. If they were still getting paid they wouldn't be whining. Also it shows how powerful he is if a whole production is shut down without him. Should he go on for others? I don't think so. He doesn't agree with it and won't do it.
I say go epic on the world Mr. Sheen.
RBR2
Apr 12, 02:15 PM
The Thunderbolt Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderbolt_(interface)) has a diagram showing the TB controller's access to things. The accompanying description ("Thunderbolt can be implemented on graphics cards, which have access to DisplayPort data and PCI express connectivity, or on the motherboard of new devices, such as the MacBook Pro.[5][17][22]") implies that a TB compatible PCIe graphics card could bring older systems up-to-date. That would be interesting.
more...
arogge
Jun 8, 08:18 AM
You really believe that failing to log out should be a $1000 mistake? For an app they'll never use? What if the app cost $10,000? $100,000? $1 million?
You'd still need a credit card linked to the account. If I tried to charge a $1,000 app over iTunes, the purchase would be declined. The person must first make a decision to authorize a purchase that is considered to be large, then link that credit card to iTunes, and then to secure that information or not.
If I leave $1,000 in cash on the street in front of my house, should I blame the government for not helping me when that money gets taken? Of course not, because it's my fault for leaving something valuable and recognizable where I knew that it could be taken.
Likewise, if you cracked my iTunes account password and tried to run up some big charges, you wouldn't get very far. I take the responsibility of reducing my risk by not leaving a large line of credit available where a simple mishandling of my electronic account information could result in a detrimental financial liability.
You'd still need a credit card linked to the account. If I tried to charge a $1,000 app over iTunes, the purchase would be declined. The person must first make a decision to authorize a purchase that is considered to be large, then link that credit card to iTunes, and then to secure that information or not.
If I leave $1,000 in cash on the street in front of my house, should I blame the government for not helping me when that money gets taken? Of course not, because it's my fault for leaving something valuable and recognizable where I knew that it could be taken.
Likewise, if you cracked my iTunes account password and tried to run up some big charges, you wouldn't get very far. I take the responsibility of reducing my risk by not leaving a large line of credit available where a simple mishandling of my electronic account information could result in a detrimental financial liability.
Bonsai1214
Jan 29, 11:04 AM
The uDAC-2 has both a DAC and an amp.
ah, didn't see it was uDAC-2. my fault.
ah, didn't see it was uDAC-2. my fault.
more...
Surely
Jan 26, 11:12 AM
Wish I could get my taxes done, worked 3 jobs last year and only got my W2 for one of them :( didnt make much though...probably about 4k so maybe a $200 refund if that. Anyone have a guess? I always mark no dependencies or whatever so they take all the taxes out.
What?
Seriously dude, you're in the wrong thread.
This isn't the "What Is Your Wish?" or "Random Thought For The Day" thread.
What?
Seriously dude, you're in the wrong thread.
This isn't the "What Is Your Wish?" or "Random Thought For The Day" thread.
rnelan7
Dec 4, 03:49 PM
yes
You'll shoot your eye out kid
You'll shoot your eye out kid
more...
citi
Apr 28, 04:17 PM
That's probably why the white iPhone 4 looks fatter on the box.
Black is slimming.
Black is slimming.
MrZebra
Apr 18, 01:56 AM
Is the reset you're referring to is in Settings - General -Reset - Reset all settings? Will it erase the sms/messages or email accounts setting?
Thx
All of the preferences you have set on the iPhone will be set back to factory default, but your data and media will still remain on the device.
Thx
All of the preferences you have set on the iPhone will be set back to factory default, but your data and media will still remain on the device.
more...
Chupa Chupa
Apr 11, 04:01 PM
So basically, the new FCP is becoming the next FCE for prosumers and Apple is abandoning the professional market.
Well, that isn't what I'm saying, no. It's what you are saying or thought I said, or wanted to think I said or something like that.
All I'm saying is that I think Apple might lower the price of FCP in order to kill FCE once and for all (as if it hasn't already realistically). All FCE is, is FCP stripped. No reason it can't sell FCP solo @ a prosumer price and then FCS at a higher price point.
Aperture is a good model for this. It's a pro app, and the boxed full version is a few hundred, but is also available @ a much lower prosumer price @ the Mac App Store.
Well, that isn't what I'm saying, no. It's what you are saying or thought I said, or wanted to think I said or something like that.
All I'm saying is that I think Apple might lower the price of FCP in order to kill FCE once and for all (as if it hasn't already realistically). All FCE is, is FCP stripped. No reason it can't sell FCP solo @ a prosumer price and then FCS at a higher price point.
Aperture is a good model for this. It's a pro app, and the boxed full version is a few hundred, but is also available @ a much lower prosumer price @ the Mac App Store.
motulist
Aug 15, 09:43 PM
While their at it, the same feature could not only order the ram or hard drive for you, but using the the new iCal server features could have at look at the nearest Apple Store and give you list of free booking times to drop in and have the upgrade done for you.
That would be another useful feature for users which would also be profitable for Apple. Jobs should be paying us money for all these great ideas!
That would be another useful feature for users which would also be profitable for Apple. Jobs should be paying us money for all these great ideas!
more...
macduke
Sep 30, 09:04 AM
Maybe I should forget to pay my bill 30% of the time.
My wife had VZ and hated them. I doubt that there is actually any network out there that has acceptable quality. The iPhone is essentially a phone straight out of the future. It's like trying to run a RAZR on a network in the late 80's. It's too much data.
My wife had VZ and hated them. I doubt that there is actually any network out there that has acceptable quality. The iPhone is essentially a phone straight out of the future. It's like trying to run a RAZR on a network in the late 80's. It's too much data.
mc68k
Oct 29, 12:40 PM
for now, we'll see what happens in the long term.
HasanDaddy
Mar 15, 09:10 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)
Folks - get your asses to Fashion Island - no confirmation on anything, but there's a good feeling here
Around 9 or so in line, as of 7 am
Folks - get your asses to Fashion Island - no confirmation on anything, but there's a good feeling here
Around 9 or so in line, as of 7 am
firestarter
Apr 19, 04:38 PM
Now, you were complaining I used 100/100 in the CPU analogy? fine, I will change it. CPU will be 90/100 and GPU is 80/100 as the 30% increase in cpu and 30% decrease in gpu, we will see a difference of 117/100 and 56/100. Am I arguing that there will be nothing to be gained from a bump in processor speed? Definitely not! Who doesnt love the little extra power when we need it? Who doesnt want the latest in tech?
These are all random/nonsensical figures you've made up FX4568. Outside of gaming, there are prescious few apps that will be affected by a 30% decrease in GPU. Your '100 baseline' beneath which a GPU becomes unusable bears no relation to reality.
This will be even more true as Apple becomes better at optimising for Grand Central dispatch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Central_Dispatch). As an example the new Final Cut Pro X is said to optimise and scale well across all sizes of systems. I'd expect a much faster processor to 'soak up' the GPU drop in this instance.
What im saying is that the downgrading of the GPU outweights the upgrading of the CPU in terms of OVERALL performance.
No. Outside of gaming, a larger proportion of processing is done in the CPU than the GPU, and improving the CPU will yield greater benefits.
But as of me and the I believe majority of MBA owners
You can only really talk for yourself and others in this thread that subscribe to that opinion. What evidence to you have that the majority would notice?
I would expect that most MBA owners aren't hardcore gamers - it's just not that sort of machine. Medium power graphic uses, like productivity apps or watching movies wouldn't be noticeably impacted.
Of course, I don't have any figures to back up that belief either. ;)
These are all random/nonsensical figures you've made up FX4568. Outside of gaming, there are prescious few apps that will be affected by a 30% decrease in GPU. Your '100 baseline' beneath which a GPU becomes unusable bears no relation to reality.
This will be even more true as Apple becomes better at optimising for Grand Central dispatch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Central_Dispatch). As an example the new Final Cut Pro X is said to optimise and scale well across all sizes of systems. I'd expect a much faster processor to 'soak up' the GPU drop in this instance.
What im saying is that the downgrading of the GPU outweights the upgrading of the CPU in terms of OVERALL performance.
No. Outside of gaming, a larger proportion of processing is done in the CPU than the GPU, and improving the CPU will yield greater benefits.
But as of me and the I believe majority of MBA owners
You can only really talk for yourself and others in this thread that subscribe to that opinion. What evidence to you have that the majority would notice?
I would expect that most MBA owners aren't hardcore gamers - it's just not that sort of machine. Medium power graphic uses, like productivity apps or watching movies wouldn't be noticeably impacted.
Of course, I don't have any figures to back up that belief either. ;)
appleguy123
Apr 27, 04:54 PM
Very odd not to vote for the next highest vote getter to save yourself. Even if he is a fellow wolf.
In this game there is a kamikaze and a infectious wolf. Strategy plays a part when they can control who gets lynched.
In this game there is a kamikaze and a infectious wolf. Strategy plays a part when they can control who gets lynched.
KoukiFC3S
Mar 16, 12:32 PM
Anyone going tomorrow?
smiddlehurst
May 3, 08:14 AM
Well just pulled the trigger on my first iMac. Thank god for education discounts, over �300 saving in the end.
Very happy with the refresh, pretty much exactly what I'd expected. Only real downer was the lack of i7 as standard but, frankly, I don't need it for what I'm going to use it for so the 27" with 3.1Ghz i5 and 2Gb of graphics memory is more than good enough. Would have liked to see a HDMI input but oh well, does anyone know if there's any easy (and preferably cheap) adaptor out there to do HDMI > Thunderbolt / Mini Display port?
Oh, and bit of a bummer that it's showing the 11th of May as the delivery date too, ah well, gives me time to sort out a desk to put it on next weekend :D
Very happy with the refresh, pretty much exactly what I'd expected. Only real downer was the lack of i7 as standard but, frankly, I don't need it for what I'm going to use it for so the 27" with 3.1Ghz i5 and 2Gb of graphics memory is more than good enough. Would have liked to see a HDMI input but oh well, does anyone know if there's any easy (and preferably cheap) adaptor out there to do HDMI > Thunderbolt / Mini Display port?
Oh, and bit of a bummer that it's showing the 11th of May as the delivery date too, ah well, gives me time to sort out a desk to put it on next weekend :D
Rodimus Prime
Apr 29, 02:57 PM
can anyone tell me why this market is so important? even at .99 cents a song the margins for the retailer can't be that much.
well per song not much but it adds up fast. Even if Amazon and Apple only bring in 10-15 cents per song at .99 cents per song. That adds up fast.
Between Amazon and Apple I like Amazon better. Plus I get like 10 bucks a year in free song from Amazon for text books I buy threw them. It is a nice bonus and I can promise you doing that little give away has pushed me to buy more text books from Amazon proving they are the same price as lets say B&N or the campus book store but often times Amazon is the cheapest and I am running on my free Amazon Prime for student member ship 2 day shipping to boot.
Apple pays 70% straight to the record companies, which would be $0.90. If Amazon pays the same, then they have $0.21 loss before they even start. Or Amazon gets different prices than Apple, which would need some explaining.
depends on the song what Apple and Amazon pays.
But as for the explain why Amazon would get a lower price. Record company hate the control Apple has and they are trying to break it and chances are Amazon has other options for those same record company to sell products threw them. like CD and if they owned or own other companies that sell complete different products like Sony which sells TV, dvd players ect.
well per song not much but it adds up fast. Even if Amazon and Apple only bring in 10-15 cents per song at .99 cents per song. That adds up fast.
Between Amazon and Apple I like Amazon better. Plus I get like 10 bucks a year in free song from Amazon for text books I buy threw them. It is a nice bonus and I can promise you doing that little give away has pushed me to buy more text books from Amazon proving they are the same price as lets say B&N or the campus book store but often times Amazon is the cheapest and I am running on my free Amazon Prime for student member ship 2 day shipping to boot.
Apple pays 70% straight to the record companies, which would be $0.90. If Amazon pays the same, then they have $0.21 loss before they even start. Or Amazon gets different prices than Apple, which would need some explaining.
depends on the song what Apple and Amazon pays.
But as for the explain why Amazon would get a lower price. Record company hate the control Apple has and they are trying to break it and chances are Amazon has other options for those same record company to sell products threw them. like CD and if they owned or own other companies that sell complete different products like Sony which sells TV, dvd players ect.
No comments:
Post a Comment