Andy-V
Mar 31, 11:08 AM
My goodness, beveled and embossed buttons. That is not pretty. I hope they U-turn that crap.
savar
Oct 23, 08:58 AM
Why would they make such a stupid move? I can tell you this much, they have just lost my support as a vendor! How do they expect me to to sell a $300 copy of windows to a home user just so he can use Microsoft's O/S on his Mac? Oh well I'm sure they know what they are doing or do they?!?!?
:confused:
So this is true?? I suppose this isn't any different than Apple saying that you can't run Mac OS X on non-Apple hardware, is it?
:confused:
So this is true?? I suppose this isn't any different than Apple saying that you can't run Mac OS X on non-Apple hardware, is it?
HasanDaddy
Mar 15, 09:43 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)
Apparently South Coast Plaza is selling none today
Still waiting here at Fashion Island - crossing fingers!
I really hope they have them in stock for you, man, and you emerge victorious. I just wanna see someone win today... besides Charlie Sheen.
Hahaha! Thanks man! Its a good day, no matter what!
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)
Apparently South Coast Plaza is selling none today
Still waiting here at Fashion Island - crossing fingers!
I really hope they have them in stock for you, man, and you emerge victorious. I just wanna see someone win today... besides Charlie Sheen.
Hahaha! Thanks man! Its a good day, no matter what!
.jpg)
ten-oak-druid
Apr 11, 02:57 PM
Looking forward to hard drives with this connector.
I bought two 2TB drives for my imovie library. I use one as a backup clone. I felt at the time I bought these that I was finally set. All movies on one drive for less than $100 (each). I see now that I will have an upgrade in a few years for speed purposes. By then perhaps 4TB or greater drives will be common and cheap.
The backup process will be a lot faster.
The other game changer with these drives will come with time machine backups. Right now the speed improvement by direct connection is not great enough to forgo the ease of wireless backups. Well if your hard drive changes 200gb content each day that might not be the case.
But when the thunderbolt drives come around, perhaps the speed advantage will be so great that people will opt for plugging their drives in directly once a day to backup rather than use wireless backups.
I bought two 2TB drives for my imovie library. I use one as a backup clone. I felt at the time I bought these that I was finally set. All movies on one drive for less than $100 (each). I see now that I will have an upgrade in a few years for speed purposes. By then perhaps 4TB or greater drives will be common and cheap.
The backup process will be a lot faster.
The other game changer with these drives will come with time machine backups. Right now the speed improvement by direct connection is not great enough to forgo the ease of wireless backups. Well if your hard drive changes 200gb content each day that might not be the case.
But when the thunderbolt drives come around, perhaps the speed advantage will be so great that people will opt for plugging their drives in directly once a day to backup rather than use wireless backups.
more...
ender78
Oct 23, 12:00 PM
Remember once someone sells you something they can not tell you how you can use it. That like you buying a car and in the purchase agreement they tell you your not allow to wreck the car. Grant it, they do not have to warranty it after you wreck it, but if you want to wreck it, that is up to you.
I hate to break it to you but when you buy software you are agreeing to the software licensing agreement. You must adhere to that agreement or face the loss of the license.
Microsoft is really trying to double dip. I can't blame Microsoft for preventing people from running on multiple virtual machines [someone that has 20 Vista Virtual Machines running on a server should pay for 20 licenses]. Two licenses [one for native and one for Parallels] is not too much to ask.
I hate to break it to you but when you buy software you are agreeing to the software licensing agreement. You must adhere to that agreement or face the loss of the license.
Microsoft is really trying to double dip. I can't blame Microsoft for preventing people from running on multiple virtual machines [someone that has 20 Vista Virtual Machines running on a server should pay for 20 licenses]. Two licenses [one for native and one for Parallels] is not too much to ask.
RichP
Oct 24, 07:53 AM
Just as I said and expected, only minor changes. I think its great Apple is giving 2GB of memory in standard configs, that is hopefully a sign of things to come in the pro line overall.
more...
bobdude5
Mar 17, 07:27 AM
Already about 10 people at spectrum..looks a person slept overnight..brought a full on bed

kainjow
Oct 24, 08:21 AM
one bit of good news -- the "older" standard 15" MBP refurbs are now only $1449!
Nice find - that's quite a steal :)
Nice find - that's quite a steal :)
more...
twoodcc
Nov 28, 12:29 AM
Thanks guys! I think I got it working. My WU size went from 4mb to 28mb:)
alright! should help with points big time!
alright! should help with points big time!
gnasher729
May 3, 08:13 AM
I think you're confusing TFT with TN.
They're not the same thing.
There are several kinds of TFT displays. TN displays are the cheapest and lowest quality kind of TFT displays; IPS displays are a more expensive and better kind of TFT display. The new iMacs have the better IPS kind of TFT displays.
And it is amazing how people get excited and angry for no good reason at all, just because they don't understand something and come to all the wrong conclusions.
They're not the same thing.
There are several kinds of TFT displays. TN displays are the cheapest and lowest quality kind of TFT displays; IPS displays are a more expensive and better kind of TFT display. The new iMacs have the better IPS kind of TFT displays.
And it is amazing how people get excited and angry for no good reason at all, just because they don't understand something and come to all the wrong conclusions.
more...
CEAbiscuit
Jul 25, 08:12 AM
I wonder if it will moo?;)
twilson
Apr 15, 07:24 AM
Are people firing up their lawyers because Apple does not update their iPhone 3G that came with iOS 3 when they bought it in june 2010 ? Doesn't the licence flyer in the box say Apple will supply the current iOS version +1 ?
I'm not sure what it says exactly, but it will most likely be worded along the lines of "the next major iOS release after the initial launch date of the device."
I'm not sure what it says exactly, but it will most likely be worded along the lines of "the next major iOS release after the initial launch date of the device."
more...
Ace134blue
Apr 24, 03:03 PM
So would i go to jail for beating up 3 black women? Witch i probably would have done if i were there.
trip1ex
May 3, 09:09 AM
Apple's SSDs are always overpriced and slower than third-party ones anyways.
Just seems mental how the iMacs are now on second generation Core i processors, yet the Mini is still on C2D.
more...

rare arnold schwarzenegger

RARE secrets Of Arnold
more...

arnold schwarzenegger photos.

did Arnold Schwarzenegger

rare arnold schwarzenegger
Just seems mental how the iMacs are now on second generation Core i processors, yet the Mini is still on C2D.
more...
VirtualRain
Apr 9, 12:38 AM
Your brain after too many veggies...
http://chrismccormack.zenfolio.com/img/s3/v23/p510646263-4.jpg
http://chrismccormack.zenfolio.com/img/s3/v23/p510646263-4.jpg
coder12
Nov 13, 12:14 AM
I think that the article meant to say, "SkyFire's", not "SkyFires" in the middle paragraph :P
Just sayin' :)
Just sayin' :)
more...

terraphantm
May 4, 03:42 PM
At&t bumped my upgrade eligibility from 11/30/2011 to 6/30/2011. That must mean Apple is giving *me* the iPhone in June, right? :rolleyes:
pmz
Apr 28, 05:29 PM
If there is a physical difference, I find it strange that Apple A) wouldn't publish the numbers, and B) wouldn't provide specific sized bumpers for the white.
BreuerEditor
May 3, 08:20 AM
UGH why can't there be a 128GB SSD+1TB 7200RPM, comon now.
You can add on a 115GB SSD from OWC. FAST turnaround.
http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/turnkey/iMac_2010_27/SSD
You can add on a 115GB SSD from OWC. FAST turnaround.
http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/turnkey/iMac_2010_27/SSD
GQB
Apr 22, 07:50 PM
My favorite iPhone design was the first one. Bring back the aluminum and rounded sides. It's not comfortable to hold this iPhone 4 brick!
It's just a matter of what you're used to. I love my IP4, and my wife's 3GS feels clunky to me. Cognitive dissonance says you'll end up defending whatever you have and resist changes. Just human nature, not good/bad design.
It's just a matter of what you're used to. I love my IP4, and my wife's 3GS feels clunky to me. Cognitive dissonance says you'll end up defending whatever you have and resist changes. Just human nature, not good/bad design.
bommai
Jul 21, 12:05 PM
I work for GE and we are all Dell (unfortunately). Dell laptops, desktops, servers. Everybody gets Dell and nothing else. Can you imagine a company wide policy (300k workers). While the stuff breaks pretty quickly (my latitude laptop had cracks on it within 2 months of use), I was told that the enterprise service plans that Dell offers are unbeatable. The will swap stuff overnight and make sure you have something to work with. If Apple were to have a good service plan for enterprise, I think they will get more takers. Until then, Apple will be more popular with consumers and not enterprise.
Don't confuse Dell consumer service plans with enterprise. Enterprise is their bread and butter.
Don't confuse Dell consumer service plans with enterprise. Enterprise is their bread and butter.
Tones2
Apr 26, 02:50 PM
A lot of people nowadays only have laptops. I could understand if you have a desktop that you want to come on all the time or is on 24/7.
I guess a laptop WOULD be different in that you take it with you when you leave the house, so what you are saying makes sense. I didn't think of that.
But again, the desktop is not really "on" 24/7 - mostly it's in sleep mode, or completely off when I'm in sleep mode. :D
Tony
I guess a laptop WOULD be different in that you take it with you when you leave the house, so what you are saying makes sense. I didn't think of that.
But again, the desktop is not really "on" 24/7 - mostly it's in sleep mode, or completely off when I'm in sleep mode. :D
Tony
yellow
Dec 1, 03:49 PM
Hmm. I'm running a 17" MacBook Pro with 10.4.8 and when I checked under both Ethernet and Airport Appletalk was not enabled. On this machine I have never set it one way or the other.
/Applications/Utilites/Directory Access.app/ -> AppleTalk is checked.
/Applications/Utilites/Directory Access.app/ -> AppleTalk is checked.
DavidLeblond
Apr 15, 02:51 PM
You know full well that not everyone who comes here is a developer and are running Lion through other means. I am sick of these posts over and over with people acting all high up and saying things like "Why don't you just go look at the change log?" or "Why don't you send the bug report to Apple" or "Why don't you just post it on Apple developer forums?". Each of these posters know full well what they are doing and it is annoying.
MacRumors is for Mac enthusiasts and many of its members want access to previews/betas even without being a developer.
How come no one is ever upset when MR posts information they shouldn't be on the homepage? I don't see people getting upset about them posting change logs when they become available.
Gr!
All I was saying is don't be all pissed off because no one is posting changelogs for the illegal software you're running. I wasn't getting upset or high-and-mighty, but being "mad" because you want to illegally download software and no one is breaking NDA by posting changelogs is, IMHO, stupid.
MacRumors is for Mac enthusiasts and many of its members want access to previews/betas even without being a developer.
How come no one is ever upset when MR posts information they shouldn't be on the homepage? I don't see people getting upset about them posting change logs when they become available.
Gr!
All I was saying is don't be all pissed off because no one is posting changelogs for the illegal software you're running. I wasn't getting upset or high-and-mighty, but being "mad" because you want to illegally download software and no one is breaking NDA by posting changelogs is, IMHO, stupid.
No comments:
Post a Comment