Monday, May 31, 2010

Waving bye bye to May as it turns the page on a low note.



Observation #1 – If you want to bet against it don't. Plutocracy always wins.

It’s not a surprise that the Government seems impotent in their dealings with BP. Current members of the Obama administration have served on various boards for the company. A wise Muslim once told me that “Man can’t serve two masters.” In 2008 all I heard was change, but all I keep seeing is Lobbyists. I don’t expect President Obama to clean up the Gulf Region with a roll of Bounty. However, I do expect him to hold BP’s feet to the fire. If they can’t fix the problem, find someone who can!!


Observation #2 – You can't make them love you. You can only hope that they do.

Dwyane Wade’s unhinged wife is making quite a name for herself in the Chicago court system. Siohvaughn (don’t ask me how to pronounce it) Wade is currently on her 9th lawyer in her divorce case. Apparently Siohvaughn is not pleased with how the proceedings are going. Her strange behavior in and outside of court is becoming stuff of legends. She’s demanded the names of her husband’s sexual partners and accused him of giving her an STD. You know – the usual stuff people do when they go through divorce. I know that Siohvaughn was with Dwyane before he got on the gravy train so I understand her being a little upset. But all this other stuff is ridiculous. Adding fuel to the fire: Actress Gabrielle Union, Siohvaughns, main target of displeasure, is currently dating Dwyane.

Side Note: Not bad Sir, not bad at all

I wonder if the Siohvaughn will raise enough dust to throw shade on Union’s reputation? If Mashonda Tifrere’s crusade against Alicia Keyes isn’t working, I guess Union should be alright.


Observation #3 – Black politicians were not put on earth by God to save Black Folks. They are of course - Politicians!!!

The Dishonorable Kwame Kilpatrick is going up the river “again” for lying. I guess he wasn’t paying attention at his first trial. Kilpatrick was previously ordered to pay restitution to the city of Detroit but out of his mouth came the following in a recent court appearance:

*“I don’t know if my wife works.”

*“I don’t know the amount of rent.”

*“I don’t know who pays the bills.”

Side Note: Case Closed!!

Really dude? Spending time in jail earlier didn’t tell you that the legal system was serious? My message to Kilpatrick: “Don’t drop the soap.”


Observation #4 – Our pleasure might be someone else’s nightmare.

Television and movie star Gary Coleman passed away on Friday. Although he will forever be known for his role on “Different Strokes.” Coleman was in the acting game since the 70’s. Some “mainstream” Hollywood actors can’t even say that much. Coleman made us laugh when he was trying and when he wasn’t. His exploits outside of acting were bizarre and became punch-lines to many jokes. We never really knew what his real life was like. We didn’t understand what it was like for him to be forever seen as a child. Hollywood didn’t think he could play adult roles and damn sure didn’t think he could do breakout ones. All Coleman knew was acting so without that what else would he do? You add in some strange jobs choices outside of acting. Then throw in lawsuits against greedy people and the rest is history. I can’t say that I never clowned him upon hearing of his exploits. Nor will I try to act high and mighty on people who did. I just hope that now he finally gets some peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment