arkitect
Mar 31, 10:29 AM
I am not too keen on this "cartoony" 3D effect Apple seem to be going for.
Torn off pages… faux-leather binding… I mean doesn't anyone else think it is a bit corny?
It really does seems as if the cutesyeness of the iOS is spreading over to OSX.
I'd prefer a clean modern OS with usability first and foremost.
Screw the gratuitous eyecandy…
Torn off pages… faux-leather binding… I mean doesn't anyone else think it is a bit corny?
It really does seems as if the cutesyeness of the iOS is spreading over to OSX.
I'd prefer a clean modern OS with usability first and foremost.
Screw the gratuitous eyecandy…

Scruff
Jul 26, 11:13 AM
I'm going to assume it doesn't mean that you actually control the thing without touching it, rather it just makes the wheel disappear when you aren't holding it. That seems to be a more useful idea.
I mean, otherwise, it's a useless feature, except to prevent screen scratching.
I mean, otherwise, it's a useless feature, except to prevent screen scratching.
afireintonto
Apr 22, 03:19 PM
Long hair don't care. I'm keeping the iPhone 4 until my contract is up in 2012:)
blackstarliner
Oct 24, 08:21 AM
Interesting quote from the UK store MBP Buy now :
"Intel Core 2 Duo processor
Powered by two processor cores on a single chip, MacBook performs up to five times faster than the previous generation iBook."
Looks like the copywriters thought they'd be upgraded too... :eek:
They've upgraded the store pages for all the products, not just the MBP...
Good call, other stores are not showing this 'error'.
"Intel Core 2 Duo processor
Powered by two processor cores on a single chip, MacBook performs up to five times faster than the previous generation iBook."
Looks like the copywriters thought they'd be upgraded too... :eek:
They've upgraded the store pages for all the products, not just the MBP...
Good call, other stores are not showing this 'error'.
more...

Bampei
May 3, 08:39 AM
Does anyone know where to find the specs for the iMac that will list whether or not the new models have SATA III connections internally? Not interested if they didn't upgrade to 6gbps. (SATA II is 3gbps).
If SATA III, then I'll order with just 2TB and add a Vertex 3 SSD later, but if they're still SATA II, then may be a deal buster.
If SATA III, then I'll order with just 2TB and add a Vertex 3 SSD later, but if they're still SATA II, then may be a deal buster.

ten-oak-druid
Apr 25, 12:40 PM
matte screen option or fail.
Given that the option is available for the macbook pro, I'd guess the imacs will get them.
Given that the option is available for the macbook pro, I'd guess the imacs will get them.
more...
CarlosMotoza
Apr 12, 02:09 PM
I have been under the impression that the iphone would be released sometime at the end of the year, with verzion having had gotten the iphone 4 in febuary, i couldn't see it coming out any time soon

NoNothing
Mar 29, 10:47 PM
It is Apple. Number 2 is not the reason. Chances are moving it to another venue would cost more money which means less profit.
Google is more than likely just trying to cover cost. Apple is going to try to make a profit.
Apple has greater than 7 million in man hour costs alone.
Google is more than likely just trying to cover cost. Apple is going to try to make a profit.
Apple has greater than 7 million in man hour costs alone.
more...

Full of Win
Apr 29, 03:26 PM
Apple pays 70% straight to the record companies, which would be $0.90. If Amazon pays the same, then they have $0.21 loss before they even start. Or Amazon gets different prices than Apple, which would need some explaining.
How do you know this? Just curious. I've heard all sorts of numbers bandied about, but yet to see a confirmation as to the distribution.
I'm not a lawyer, but why does it need any explaining? Could it be that Amazon was better at negotiating than Apple, and got a better deal from the content providers? Is there a legal reason that Amazon cannot get more concessions and thus a lower price than does Apple?
How do you know this? Just curious. I've heard all sorts of numbers bandied about, but yet to see a confirmation as to the distribution.
I'm not a lawyer, but why does it need any explaining? Could it be that Amazon was better at negotiating than Apple, and got a better deal from the content providers? Is there a legal reason that Amazon cannot get more concessions and thus a lower price than does Apple?

Yamcha
Apr 13, 01:54 PM
I don't mind as long as the pricing is competitive, if its over-priced no way I'll be getting one..
more...
Wontu
Apr 15, 06:53 AM
Does anyone have any id�a how come it took such a long time? Isn't the only difference the color of the plastic? oO
Glass, actually.
Glass, actually.
Small White Car
May 3, 11:24 PM
I think the evidence has been so overwhelming by this point no one really cares if the service reps just admit it.
more...
DrJohnnyN
May 3, 07:42 AM
Cool!

phineas
Sep 30, 08:16 PM
From the local AT&T reps here in town they just do NOT give a crap. There network sucks, and the bigshots get there big fat checks and thats it.
They will NEVER catch up, heck they don't even have 3G in every place that they have there bars in the advertisements.
They have the iPhone deal/contract and do not give a dam, money rolls in and goes back out in dribs and drabs.
Come on Verizon and Apple.
I like another posters opinion, get a BB on Verizon and an iPod touch. Luckily my contract is over in December.
They will NEVER catch up, heck they don't even have 3G in every place that they have there bars in the advertisements.
They have the iPhone deal/contract and do not give a dam, money rolls in and goes back out in dribs and drabs.
Come on Verizon and Apple.
I like another posters opinion, get a BB on Verizon and an iPod touch. Luckily my contract is over in December.
more...
twoodcc
Oct 7, 09:38 PM
well, i am going back online after a long hiatus.
let's see what kind of numbers I can pull. :P
meeble
glad to have you back! we need ya!
Maybe I will get my brother going under my username though. He has a 8 core.....
sounds like a plan!
let's see what kind of numbers I can pull. :P
meeble
glad to have you back! we need ya!
Maybe I will get my brother going under my username though. He has a 8 core.....
sounds like a plan!
Eidorian
Jul 25, 09:24 AM
On the Software part of the wireless MM page, there is a picture that shows a stack of new options and a slightly redesigned preference pane - I hope those options aren't wireless-only, I just plugged in my MM and they aren't there.
Software Update coming??That's the normal Mighty Mouse pane. It changes to that when you're using one. I can see you've never used one...
Software Update coming??That's the normal Mighty Mouse pane. It changes to that when you're using one. I can see you've never used one...
more...

seanpholman
Mar 15, 10:44 AM
Damn traffic.
--Sean
--Sean
flopticalcube
Apr 12, 08:45 AM
Bolding mine... As a point of contention. Especially since iDevices don't even saturate the USB bus. I doubt Apple will spend more money to use faster Flash storage. Especially when (as of right now) Windows PCs don't have ThunderBolt.
They already have patented a version of the 30 pin connector that includes both USB 3.0 and TB. It's coming.
They already have patented a version of the 30 pin connector that includes both USB 3.0 and TB. It's coming.
Apple 26.2
May 4, 06:03 AM
Interesting, but nothing new offered here.
vincenz
Feb 25, 11:25 AM
This guy sure is a mess. He really needs to clean up before something bad happens.
busybee
Apr 18, 12:31 AM
Actually the reason for the battery drain is Apple updated the network baseband vocoder to the latest support UMTS/HSPA+ and better cell hand-offs in order to reduce dropped calls to an absolute minimum on GSM and similar on Verizon...
You get a trade off, worse battery life (some of it has to do with the software though, drain the BATTERY ENTIRELY, and recharge it should get to 80%-90% now... ALSO DO A SETTINGS RESET BECAUSE your phone is running on OLD settings PREVIOUS to 4.3.2) but improved performance in everything else or crappy voice calls because your iPhone can't use the latest network capacity enhancements AT&T/*insert GSM carrier here*/Apple has made or Verizon/*insert CDMA carrier here*/Apple has made.
Personally I like PERFECT VOICE QUALITY on GSM/CDMA.
When I'm @ work I charge on the computer/USB port anyways... Or in the car...
Is the reset you're referring to is in Settings - General -Reset - Reset all settings? Will it erase the sms/messages or email accounts setting?
Thx
You get a trade off, worse battery life (some of it has to do with the software though, drain the BATTERY ENTIRELY, and recharge it should get to 80%-90% now... ALSO DO A SETTINGS RESET BECAUSE your phone is running on OLD settings PREVIOUS to 4.3.2) but improved performance in everything else or crappy voice calls because your iPhone can't use the latest network capacity enhancements AT&T/*insert GSM carrier here*/Apple has made or Verizon/*insert CDMA carrier here*/Apple has made.
Personally I like PERFECT VOICE QUALITY on GSM/CDMA.
When I'm @ work I charge on the computer/USB port anyways... Or in the car...
Is the reset you're referring to is in Settings - General -Reset - Reset all settings? Will it erase the sms/messages or email accounts setting?
Thx
Micjose
Apr 22, 05:01 PM
this sounds like a bunch of bull, the iphone 4 is complete great the way it is. Why degrade it?
kernkraft
Jun 6, 09:29 AM
CNET has a good video about Apple's refund. If you mistakenly purchased, you have a 90 day period to rectify the problem and Apple deals with it, not the developer.
Even 7 days is not enough to see your bank statement, so I wouldn't be surprised if Android had a similar period.
Besides, no sane company wants to have this sort of bad publicity. It's fairly obvious that people make mistakes.
Somebody suggested that the developer would lose Apple's $300 cut - that's not the case.
Even 7 days is not enough to see your bank statement, so I wouldn't be surprised if Android had a similar period.
Besides, no sane company wants to have this sort of bad publicity. It's fairly obvious that people make mistakes.
Somebody suggested that the developer would lose Apple's $300 cut - that's not the case.
mazola
Oct 18, 05:07 PM
I'm thinking the same thing ... So what did Steve promise for 06? And what fits that bill?
2006 was a very good year (http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/6474003/wo/Sk3OE9fyakUZ2FK2BCb15VLTifN/4.0.21.1.0.8.25.7.11.0.3)
2006 was a very good year (http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/6474003/wo/Sk3OE9fyakUZ2FK2BCb15VLTifN/4.0.21.1.0.8.25.7.11.0.3)
No comments:
Post a Comment