Tuesday, May 24, 2011

conan the barbarian

conan the barbarian. Conan the Barbarian in 3D
  • Conan the Barbarian in 3D



  • Dunepilot
    Jul 28, 09:24 AM
    [QUOTE=rekahs]surely if you look at it that way the ipod is in the position the 360 is in and the zune is like the wii.

    QUOTE]

    Except that the wii is being marketed on the basis that it will bring something innovative to the table. If there's one thing Microsoft doesn't understand, its innovation/ease of use/elegance.





    conan the barbarian. -conan-the-arbarian-
  • -conan-the-arbarian-



  • jive turkey
    Mar 31, 02:53 PM
    It is tough to judge completely without seeing week & month views, but I don't like this at all. I hope we see a little less time making iCal look better (which IMO has been wasted effort--yuck!) and a little more time making things like the task list much more productive, let alone fully sync-able with all iOS devices. I'm not a big fan of Outlook as a mail or calendar app, but I love the way it handles tasks. (At least as of the last version of Outlook I used, which is probably 2 revisions ago.)





    conan the barbarian. Conan the Barbarian (1982;
  • Conan the Barbarian (1982;



  • OhioSandy
    Oct 16, 10:18 AM
    HORSE *****!
    I HAD NOT ONE DROPPED CALL WITH VERIZON IN 5 YEARS.

    True, but you also had no options when it comes in the handset... except BB, they are all old school garbage....





    conan the barbarian. Conan The Barbarian reboot
  • Conan The Barbarian reboot



  • ju5tin81
    Oct 24, 08:14 AM
    Yea... WHERE THE [censored] ARE THE MACBOOKS?! I want a Core 2 Duo MacBook, not MacBook Pro :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:


    Me too!!!! Interesting that they'd spend so much time updating the MacBook web pages as well as the pro, and not put in an upgrade...

    Interesting quote from the UK store MBP Buy now :

    "Intel Core 2 Duo processor
    Powered by two processor cores on a single chip, MacBook performs up to five times faster than the previous generation iBook."

    Looks like the copywriters thought they'd be upgraded too... :eek:

    They've upgraded the store pages for all the products, not just the MBP...



    more...


    conan the barbarian. Conan the Barbarian
  • Conan the Barbarian



  • nishioka
    Apr 28, 08:56 PM
    If I look at people with their iphones, i see like less than 5% using anything on their phones. And all of them use the Apple bumper on some iphone 4. I've seen hundreds of iphones in the wild, but I still have to see one non-bumper case in the wild.

    Anecdotal evidence is so exciting!





    conan the barbarian. Conan the Barbarian
  • Conan the Barbarian



  • mattmarks
    Mar 31, 11:51 AM
    I would much rather see something that better resembles the mobile me calendar, much cleaner.



    more...


    conan the barbarian. Conan the Barbarian that
  • Conan the Barbarian that



  • Keleko
    Apr 12, 04:29 PM
    I have very limited time for pictures this week. I'm taking what easy ones I can and going with it. This is my son on his "new to him" bike. It was found abandoned in Florida by my parents a few years ago. My son is finally big enough for it, and my dad cleaned it up for him last week.

    http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5301/5614560090_c20410cd11_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/22077805@N07/5614560090/in/photostream)





    conan the barbarian. of Conan the Barbarian
  • of Conan the Barbarian



  • LondonCentral
    Apr 22, 04:57 PM
    What is funny is remembering the outcry on the early leaked pictures on the iPhone 4 and how ugly it was... Yet it is the best looking phone in the world now.

    Damn right it is. I sold mine a few weeks back but now might buy a white one which I'll keep until I can get my hands on an iP5. I've never considered buying back tech I'd sold before but I genuinely miss holding and using it. Never has metal and glass looked so sexy as a phone.



    more...


    conan the barbarian. Nispel#39;s Conan The Barbarian
  • Nispel#39;s Conan The Barbarian



  • southernpaws
    Apr 23, 04:06 PM
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

    Those are companies people don't get attached to. Apple and other tech companies are a much more personal choice, generally. It probably also helps because those people are excited that Apple is making more money, allowing them to deliver more new and innovative products then would be possible with lower cash flow.

    I guess I must be old school, I'm a consumer and I think about my wallet before the corporations treasure chest. Apple isn't pumping most of the profits back int the company or paying it out to shareholders. It's sitting in the bank. Or maybe they have something unimaginably huge in mind and I guess that is a possibility.

    Are you suggesting that they are handling their money poorly or that they are making poor business decisions? That would be contrary to the evidence. As an investor, I've been very pleased with their decisions.

    If I were speaking only as a consumer, I'm pleased with their decisions because I enjoy their products.





    conan the barbarian. Buy Conan the Barbarian on DVD
  • Buy Conan the Barbarian on DVD



  • lordonuthin
    Nov 25, 04:30 PM
    I think I have lost 7 -10k points from the 10th 11th and 12th instead of gaining ~60-70k pts. the 10th I had ~3420 the 11th was ~7200 and the 12th was ~3420. now it's ~3420, 0 and I think 0. Don't suppose it would do any good to complain since I don't have any "proof" of what happened.

    Oh well it's just a "game" anyway :rolleyes: and as long as I'm doing something meaningfull that is what really counts anyway. I'm not smart enough to contribute to science myself so this is my way to add to our knowledge of the universe and life.

    Anyway, happy Thanksgiving to everyone everywhere and may your points pile up.



    more...


    conan the barbarian. Conan The Barbarian 1981 Wide
  • Conan The Barbarian 1981 Wide



  • Thunderhawks
    Apr 13, 02:03 PM
    Highly unlikely that Apple will release an actual tv. More probable are televsions from major manufacturers that have air play functionality built in.

    Agreed.

    Why would anybody with limited know how about TV manufacturing go into that field?

    USING somebody elses TV to display whatever makes much more sense.

    I could see them coming in with a blockbuster smart projector device.

    Now we are talking:-)





    conan the barbarian. and Conan the Barbarian
  • and Conan the Barbarian



  • creator2456
    Sep 14, 09:00 PM
    http://cdn.bowlingball.com/ProductImages/3375-lp-1.jpg
    Getting my bowling ball redrilled and resurfaced in preparation for league play.

    http://www.weberbowlingandawards.com/shop/images/Choppa.png
    Also needed new shoes.



    more...


    conan the barbarian. Conan the Barbarian Preview
  • Conan the Barbarian Preview



  • formerpc
    Apr 16, 01:20 AM
    I feel bad for all of you GSM iPhone users. I really do.

    Meanwhile I'm enjoying a flawless iPhone experience on my CDMA iPhone 4. ;)

    I upgraded to 4.2.7 four hours ago and my battery has gone down from 52% to 48% (with moderate usage). So.. yeah. Pretty much unchanged at this point. :D





    conan the barbarian. movie conan the arbarian
  • movie conan the arbarian



  • samcraig
    Apr 29, 05:39 PM
    I don't have a blu-ray player and have no plans on buying one. I also don't have an HD TV, still using a 10+ year old Sony Trinitron. It's not broke so it's not getting replaced till it is.

    I buy all my TV shows on iTunes in HD and watch them on my 15" MBP.

    Even if Amazon has 69 cent songs, I I will likely continue buying on iTunes. Over the past year, most music has been purchased on my iPhone while I am out. Can't do that with Amazon.

    You aren't the audience I was addressing though, naturally...



    more...


    conan the barbarian. Conan The Barbarian (1982):
  • Conan The Barbarian (1982):



  • rovex
    Apr 22, 05:21 PM
    So wait, not to go off-topic, but let me get this straight: Josh quit Engadget to start another tech blog? FFS, like we don't have enough of those already.

    Very strange, agree. I thought he left to actually pursue a totally different job and/or Focusing on Uni.

    His apple fanboyism was extravagant, i for one was glad he left.





    conan the barbarian. [ CONAN THE BARBARIAN POSTER ]
  • [ CONAN THE BARBARIAN POSTER ]



  • br0adband
    Nov 4, 07:28 AM
    Whatever dude. 2Ghz\2GB RAM\256MB Video\160GB HD and there is NOTHING instantaneous about Parallels at all. It takes anywhere from 1-2 minutes to resume a session and another 2+ minutes to suspend it. This is with multiple images, several OS X installs, and I know how to tweak Windows with the best of them. Then there is the bug where it likes to freeze the entire system when you change locations. Not always but it�s a common enough thing that I have to stop the session to change locations or risk crashing my system.

    If it's taking you two minutes to resume a session and two minutes plus to suspend it, on that machine you mentioned the specs of, something is frickin' wrong with that machine.

    2.16 Core 2 Duo 20" iMac here, 2GB, stock 250GB drive, Parallels does the following:

    - it cold starts in 4 seconds
    - it boots my XP VM (512MB of RAM/8GB virtual hard disk) to the Desktop in 9
    - it suspended that same XP VM in 14
    - it restored that same XP VM in 11

    And that's with Crossover for Mac running several Windows apps in the background too, so some of my resources are already drained when I fired up Parallels and the VM. Memory usage at the moment for the entire machine is sitting at 1154MB of 2048MB, 69 tasks, 330 threads as measured by MenuMeters.

    So, give that box a tuneup or whatever, because you're certainly not getting the performance from Parallels that you should be getting. Also, check your VT-x flags under Parallels to make sure it's functioning properly.

    btw, this is Parallels build 1970, the latest and greatest, and I've had nothing but positive usage of Parallels since I bought it off the shelf in an Apple Store along with this iMac a month ago. 3 upgrades so far, no issues at all.

    bb



    more...


    conan the barbarian. Conan the Barbarian
  • Conan the Barbarian



  • mrblack927
    May 3, 08:02 AM
    How can it be TFT and IPS?!! That makes no sense quite honestly... Pish Posh...

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TFT_LCD

    IPS is a type of TFT screen. Just like TN (what you're thinking of) is a type of TFT screen.





    conan the barbarian. Conan the Barbarian (also
  • Conan the Barbarian (also



  • iApples
    May 1, 11:35 PM
    I guess Osama Bin Ladin's iPhone tipped Pres. Obama off.

    I heard he didn't disable the location service on his newly purchased Tweetbot app. That damn Twitter will get you every time.





    conan the barbarian. Conan the Barbarian (1982)
  • Conan the Barbarian (1982)



  • robbieduncan
    Oct 24, 09:11 AM
    So how long do you think before I can pick one of these up in the refurbished store?

    1-2 months. At least.





    mattnotis
    Apr 30, 12:46 AM
    Torrents are free! :D





    countach
    Oct 24, 09:22 AM
    I haven't read all the messages, but I'm wondering....
    How many of you that have been waiting and whining actually took the plunge this morning?

    Yep!






    ZooCrewMan
    Apr 15, 02:57 PM
    You do know everyone who has a changelog is under NDA, don't you? Why don't you just go look at the change log?

    Uh-Oh! The Non-Disclosure Police are on patrol! Look out!





    KandyKane
    May 3, 08:20 AM
    Well yes, that's how it would work (and how it works on the current 27" DisplayPort based iMac). But just because you can physically connect a cable doesn't mean it will work as an external display. The connectors were the same on the old 27" and 21.5", but only the larger display functioned as an external display.





    hansiedejong
    Jan 29, 11:30 AM
    KLM tickets: Amsterdam - Los Angeles on April 29 --- San Francisco - Amsterdam on May 8.

    http://images.androidworld.nl/wp-content/uploads/KLM-logo.jpg

    Making the Highway 1 route from LA to SF with my father. It's for my 16th birthday. :cool:



    No comments:

    Post a Comment