Ben Logan
Mar 31, 08:48 PM
I actually kind of like that, outside of the ugly close/min/max buttons and the scroll bars :P
Coupled together, they do have a certain uniform garrishness.
http://3rr0rists.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/ical_lion.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3392/3333642840_d905e48e47_o.jpg
Coupled together, they do have a certain uniform garrishness.
http://3rr0rists.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/ical_lion.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3392/3333642840_d905e48e47_o.jpg
NathanMuir
Apr 25, 04:45 PM
Eldiablojoe, just because.
kim0785b
Oct 23, 04:20 PM
losers, i hate microsoft, stupid capitalists.
Plutonius
Apr 21, 04:27 PM
Not exactly... -aggie- and I have a history in this forum... so... when we do disagree its usually because its him or me on a mood. Mostly him, since he is old...:D:D:D:eek::D
pfft....
Aggie is a youngin.
pfft....
Aggie is a youngin.
more...
SMM
Dec 1, 06:48 PM
Apple really really needs to get on this... As far as some Script Kiddie wanting to make a name for themself the mass of mac users would need to be higher. There are still currently not enough mac users to warrent such acts, you would not get notice. I feel that a lot of coders find holes in XP because then they can exploit big business, were as macs are more often than not home computers. If apple its athe big 10% mark this will all change.
How do you know they are not on it? You don't right? The source of these reports is the people who want to sell you their security software. They capitalize on our fear. The author notes he spent most of his time on Mac and Linux. Very little time was spent on Windows/Vista. Well, that makes sense if you are trying to sell software. Everyone already installs it on Windows. No sales opportunities there. So, go scare yourself a new market with the people who do not need it. It even works better if you can create some mistrust amongst the user base. Just plant the seeds of doubt the manufacturers are unwilling, or unable to protect them. You are their savior.
I do not have a Pollyanna view on this. I have no doubts that threats exist and an aggressive, on-going effort is crucial. But, the real solution is to fight this crime with the seriousness it deserves. That means mandatory prison sentences, equal liability for facilitation and for profiteering, etc.
How do you know they are not on it? You don't right? The source of these reports is the people who want to sell you their security software. They capitalize on our fear. The author notes he spent most of his time on Mac and Linux. Very little time was spent on Windows/Vista. Well, that makes sense if you are trying to sell software. Everyone already installs it on Windows. No sales opportunities there. So, go scare yourself a new market with the people who do not need it. It even works better if you can create some mistrust amongst the user base. Just plant the seeds of doubt the manufacturers are unwilling, or unable to protect them. You are their savior.
I do not have a Pollyanna view on this. I have no doubts that threats exist and an aggressive, on-going effort is crucial. But, the real solution is to fight this crime with the seriousness it deserves. That means mandatory prison sentences, equal liability for facilitation and for profiteering, etc.
nefan65
Apr 15, 02:41 PM
By that same vein, what has Apple ever developed that's anything close to a OS ? And no, Mac OS X, a bunch of components bought/taken from the open source community doesn't count... it's just a Unix distribution with a GUI layer on top. :rolleyes:
It's easy to discount anything going with that mentality. The fact is, Chrome OS is as much an undertaking as OS X was. It's more than just a "Web browser" since web browsers cannot be booted and don't provide graphical sub-systems, input management and process scheduling obviously.
(yes, I do realise Mac OS Classic existed).
And to answer your question directly : Android. ;)
ChromeOS has pieces of Linux...I'll give you that. But Google didn't do much...
Android is Linux. They didn't make that either.
It's easy to discount anything going with that mentality. The fact is, Chrome OS is as much an undertaking as OS X was. It's more than just a "Web browser" since web browsers cannot be booted and don't provide graphical sub-systems, input management and process scheduling obviously.
(yes, I do realise Mac OS Classic existed).
And to answer your question directly : Android. ;)
ChromeOS has pieces of Linux...I'll give you that. But Google didn't do much...
Android is Linux. They didn't make that either.
more...
bimboles
Oct 24, 09:04 AM
Does anyone know if they are available from today in the retail stores?
BENJMNS
Apr 17, 11:28 PM
some of you guys make little sense.
-you love apple computers thus the reason why you're here. you defend its price point v. PCs, flaunt the virtues of its beautiful, well thought out OS
yet you guys have so little faith to pretty much say that apple is going to screw the pooch by releasing the next mba with inferior graphics performance? what are you, insecure?
your mba right now is the top dog, but as they say the king is dead, long live the king. i'm looking forward to the update and i'm a 13 ultimate owner. i of all people should wanna put down the next version since i paid $2K out the door for this thing brand spanking new. hahahah we don't even know if it's june or nov or what yet you guys are totally dogging on vaporware. ahahaa
but i won't. never will. innovate, mega corporation, innovate!
-you love apple computers thus the reason why you're here. you defend its price point v. PCs, flaunt the virtues of its beautiful, well thought out OS
yet you guys have so little faith to pretty much say that apple is going to screw the pooch by releasing the next mba with inferior graphics performance? what are you, insecure?
your mba right now is the top dog, but as they say the king is dead, long live the king. i'm looking forward to the update and i'm a 13 ultimate owner. i of all people should wanna put down the next version since i paid $2K out the door for this thing brand spanking new. hahahah we don't even know if it's june or nov or what yet you guys are totally dogging on vaporware. ahahaa
but i won't. never will. innovate, mega corporation, innovate!
more...
dXTC
Mar 9, 07:54 AM
I love Maher, but most lame comedy ever? What about Me and the Chimp, It's About Time, Captain Nice, The Lucy Show, Family Matters, Webster, and Glenn Beck?
What you did there. I see it. :D
I would like to see them pull off a change of actor for once, without changing the character. I think it's an insult to the audience's intelligence that networks think we can't accept someone else in the role. They always go for the knee-jerk reaction, which is to kill off the character. Give us some credit, and a chance for another actor to make the role his own. It's not like it's unheard of. How many James Bonds have there been??
On top of the replacements already mentioned, this is not uncommon with soap opera characters (one notable example is on Days Of Our Lives, with the character of Jack Deveraux).
What you did there. I see it. :D
I would like to see them pull off a change of actor for once, without changing the character. I think it's an insult to the audience's intelligence that networks think we can't accept someone else in the role. They always go for the knee-jerk reaction, which is to kill off the character. Give us some credit, and a chance for another actor to make the role his own. It's not like it's unheard of. How many James Bonds have there been??
On top of the replacements already mentioned, this is not uncommon with soap opera characters (one notable example is on Days Of Our Lives, with the character of Jack Deveraux).
rnelan7
Jan 31, 11:13 PM
I decided to treat myself to an early birthday present. Elgato EyeTV HD to watch tv on my iMac with dvr capabilities, I also picked up a 15 foot usb cable from Monoprice.
more...

reflex
Oct 24, 07:54 AM
Wonderful update. I hope the 160GB upgrade isn't too expensive, but 1GB standard and starting at 120GB are more than I expected or even hoped for.
I was also still doubting if I should get a MB or MBP, but that question has been settled today.
I was also still doubting if I should get a MB or MBP, but that question has been settled today.

840quadra
Dec 1, 02:26 PM
I agree with the few others that are concerned about this.
Our Mac OS innocence is coming to an end. Part of this is due to the growing market share, and popularity in the Operating system. The other issue I feel that is of concern, is the new challenge this OS provides for Script kiddies, and bored coders. If you have an ego, and want to get your name out, why not do what hasn't been done before, as opposed to doing what everyone else does ?
This is going to be a growing trend, and the amount of Mac Haters in the wild is quite high! Once code tricks and secrets start to get out, it is only a matter of time before OS X is targeted by thousands, much like XP!
Apple has time to take this very seriously, and work to keep this system tight and secure! Hopefully this is going to be a big part of the focus on Leopard, but only developers will really know this!
These current headlines aside
1. Pay attention to what warning messages pop up when browsing the web.
2. Only download and install software from sources that you trust, and if you do trust them, take an extra moment to think about why you trust them, and if you really need to install that piece of 3rd party software!
3. Keep your firewalls on if possible
4. Don't permanently unlock preferences, folders, or other security areas on your system using your keychain, unless you really need to do so!
There are others, however that is a good baseline to follow for some minimal security checks and balances!
Our Mac OS innocence is coming to an end. Part of this is due to the growing market share, and popularity in the Operating system. The other issue I feel that is of concern, is the new challenge this OS provides for Script kiddies, and bored coders. If you have an ego, and want to get your name out, why not do what hasn't been done before, as opposed to doing what everyone else does ?
This is going to be a growing trend, and the amount of Mac Haters in the wild is quite high! Once code tricks and secrets start to get out, it is only a matter of time before OS X is targeted by thousands, much like XP!
Apple has time to take this very seriously, and work to keep this system tight and secure! Hopefully this is going to be a big part of the focus on Leopard, but only developers will really know this!
These current headlines aside
1. Pay attention to what warning messages pop up when browsing the web.
2. Only download and install software from sources that you trust, and if you do trust them, take an extra moment to think about why you trust them, and if you really need to install that piece of 3rd party software!
3. Keep your firewalls on if possible
4. Don't permanently unlock preferences, folders, or other security areas on your system using your keychain, unless you really need to do so!
There are others, however that is a good baseline to follow for some minimal security checks and balances!
more...
Otaillon
Sep 17, 12:21 PM
Tell me about it! I sacrificed 2 hrs of sleep last night for this game, haha.
And for me a 2h math class!:D
And for me a 2h math class!:D
tsadi
Apr 13, 01:52 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8G4)
Will it be a cinema display with receiver?
Will it be a cinema display with receiver?
more...
steve knight
Dec 30, 11:56 AM
you gotta feel sorry for the poor abused toilet. I can imagine the reamed out plumbing.
lordonuthin
Nov 25, 04:30 PM
I think I have lost 7 -10k points from the 10th 11th and 12th instead of gaining ~60-70k pts. the 10th I had ~3420 the 11th was ~7200 and the 12th was ~3420. now it's ~3420, 0 and I think 0. Don't suppose it would do any good to complain since I don't have any "proof" of what happened.
Oh well it's just a "game" anyway :rolleyes: and as long as I'm doing something meaningfull that is what really counts anyway. I'm not smart enough to contribute to science myself so this is my way to add to our knowledge of the universe and life.
Anyway, happy Thanksgiving to everyone everywhere and may your points pile up.
Oh well it's just a "game" anyway :rolleyes: and as long as I'm doing something meaningfull that is what really counts anyway. I'm not smart enough to contribute to science myself so this is my way to add to our knowledge of the universe and life.
Anyway, happy Thanksgiving to everyone everywhere and may your points pile up.
more...
HasanDaddy
Mar 15, 03:41 AM
and btw - I mentioned in another thread, but Fashion Island will be opening early at 9 AM, according to their sales people
sickracer2015
Apr 24, 09:27 PM
whats not to say someone just changed the carrier name? I don't own an iphone but I did search and its totally possible.
I don't see a reason apple would need to create an iPhone for T-Mobile if the AT&T plan goes through. If it's rejected than maybe thats a reason then to possibly go on T-Mobile.
I don't see a reason apple would need to create an iPhone for T-Mobile if the AT&T plan goes through. If it's rejected than maybe thats a reason then to possibly go on T-Mobile.
inlovewithi
Apr 13, 02:58 PM
I don't mind as long as the pricing is competitive, if its over-priced no way I'll be getting one..
Apple would be smart to just start making regular TVs and charging extra for it. As a (can't think of a word) they are in a really sweet position where if they do start making TVs and charge a couple of hundred dollars extra compared to similar TV, they'll will still be able to sell plenty of them and make an insane profit from people who will buy their products no matter what. As long as it has that Apple logo.
Apple would be smart to just start making regular TVs and charging extra for it. As a (can't think of a word) they are in a really sweet position where if they do start making TVs and charge a couple of hundred dollars extra compared to similar TV, they'll will still be able to sell plenty of them and make an insane profit from people who will buy their products no matter what. As long as it has that Apple logo.
ratinakage
Apr 14, 01:53 AM
That is why iPhone (4) sales will remain close to zero until the iPhone 5 introduction. A white iPhone 4 will not change that very much. :rolleyes:
Hehe. That would be true if the general public read technology news... Most people have no idea about the iPhone 5. And there will be queues for the white iPhone 4 when it does come out because people love that kinda stuff!
Hehe. That would be true if the general public read technology news... Most people have no idea about the iPhone 5. And there will be queues for the white iPhone 4 when it does come out because people love that kinda stuff!
BraveArts
Nov 11, 07:28 AM
Still doesn't seem to be available outside the US. Any ideas why??
or when it might be available in Europe?? :apple:
or when it might be available in Europe?? :apple:
sprtnbsblplya
Sep 17, 08:04 PM
Picked this up at Georgetown University's bookstore today, they had it beside the new models and it was marked down to $27 brand new.
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r269/loykastj/20100917-IMG_3076.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r269/loykastj/20100917-IMG_3076.jpg
Chappers
May 2, 04:13 AM
Getting a DNA finger print is pretty quick these days - I presume they did that.
Did they try and capture him - I doubt it - a living Osama is worth two dead ones.
Did they try and capture him - I doubt it - a living Osama is worth two dead ones.
jowie
Apr 14, 03:38 AM
If there were so many problems with the white iPhone 4, how come Stephen Fry has had one (and used it) from the beginning?
:rolleyes:
:rolleyes:
No comments:
Post a Comment