Wednesday, March 30, 2011

March Madness: The Final Four


So the Final Four has been set for a little while now.  And we've all had time to let the weirdness soak in.  As far as I can tell, there has never been a Final Four without a #1 or a #2 seed in it.  Plus we are guaranteed one team in the Final that will be an 8 seed or lower.  And if there's one thing that I've learned from this tournament, it's that I have absolutely no idea how to predict college basketball.  But then again, there were only 2 entries out of 6 million on ESPN that predicted VCU and Butler to both be in the Final Four.  I did however manage to pick UConn to get this far.  So with all that being said who are your picks for the Final?


So this is the matchup that has the country in a buzz.  And sadly I don't know enough about either team to really make an educated guess on this.  But I know some experts have one of Butler's players as a possible MVP of the tournament.  That combined with the experience of last year I think will take them through to the final for the 2nd year in a row.


Compared to the other game, this one isn't a surprise at all.  But a 3 and a 4 seed playing in the Final 4 together is definitely out of the norm.  When UConn won the Big East tournament everyone knew they could potentially make it this far.  The fact that Kentucky managed to beat Ohio State and North Carolina is scary to any team they play against.  Both teams are playing great, and both teams have amazing coaches.  I'm going to skip out on all the stat breakdowns and everything and just stick with my initial prediction.  I had UConn in the Final from the start, so I'm sticking with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment