Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Manchester United Announces Summer USA Tour


Yesterday Manchester United announced their summer tour in the US this coming July.  Last year was a huge success, and Sir Alex Ferguson cited the improving MLS as the reason why it is a successful preseason trip for United.  Here's the schedule

July 13th against the New England Revolution at Gillette Field in Boston

July 20th against Seattle Sounders at Qwest Field in Seattle

July 23rd against the Chicago Fire at Soldier Field in Chicago

July 27th against the MLS All Stars at Red Bull Arena in New Jersey

July 30th against Barcelona at FedEx Field in Washington DC

I am so sad that none of these games are particularly close to where I live.  It looks like the timing is all off too.  I'm secretly hoping (well I guess not that secretly) that somehow I can get some time off work and the tickets aren't too ridiculously expensive, so I can go to Seattle and see the game against the Sounders on the 20th.  If you live close, you should make a point of going, even if you're not a soccer fan.  You'll see a heck of a display.

No comments:

Post a Comment