Today I hit the wall, again.
This happens to me frequently. Life is chugging along, being happy and minding its own business, and then I just stop, and realise how unhappy I have just become.
I'm unhappy because The Boy is leaving Morocco in a few hours and I just can't think of many reasons to stay here without him. We've had such a tremendous week, but I don't have any drive now to go back to school. Also, I've not seen much of the Moroccan family, and so I am feeling a bit at a loose end, and not sure what to do with myself. I feel like I'm going to need a couple of days of settling back into a routine before I can answer that question.
I know I have a lot to look forward to though, so rather than letting myself slide down the wall into a little sad puddle on the floor, I'm going to try and take this feeling as a wake-up call, to remind myself that I have two and a half months left in this fantastic country to get lots of things seen, get some good grades, and learn a lot at my work internship. And the fact is, that though I am going to really miss the people I've seen over the last few weeks, especially The Boy and my family, I don't need people to support me night and day. I'm an independent young woman, in an awesome position, and by golly I'm going to make the most of it!
This happens to me frequently. Life is chugging along, being happy and minding its own business, and then I just stop, and realise how unhappy I have just become.
I'm unhappy because The Boy is leaving Morocco in a few hours and I just can't think of many reasons to stay here without him. We've had such a tremendous week, but I don't have any drive now to go back to school. Also, I've not seen much of the Moroccan family, and so I am feeling a bit at a loose end, and not sure what to do with myself. I feel like I'm going to need a couple of days of settling back into a routine before I can answer that question.
I know I have a lot to look forward to though, so rather than letting myself slide down the wall into a little sad puddle on the floor, I'm going to try and take this feeling as a wake-up call, to remind myself that I have two and a half months left in this fantastic country to get lots of things seen, get some good grades, and learn a lot at my work internship. And the fact is, that though I am going to really miss the people I've seen over the last few weeks, especially The Boy and my family, I don't need people to support me night and day. I'm an independent young woman, in an awesome position, and by golly I'm going to make the most of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment