Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tell NAFTA to put down my Spicy Chicken Sandwich


On Monday, we received news that 65,000 job were slashed. I’ve been predicting that 2009 would be a bad year. I knew things were bad but we are getting near the bottom. Jack in the Box, a fast food restaurant, has been out sourcing their drive-thru since mid 2008. How do you out-source a drive thru? I know the company was trying to be more efficient but is this how?

When I call about my Credit Card I have to talk to someone in India. Is this what will happen when I want a milkshake? How many more jobs are we going to lose? These aren’t high paying jobs to begin with. We have given away the store in this country. In an effort to have bigger and cheaper for faster, we have let other countries control our fate. I don’t know of anything that is made in America anymore. I live in North Carolina, formally a Mecca for buying Furniture, and my coffee table came from England. I thought some guy would go to Asheville and cut a tree down. I ended up waiting for the slow boat to bring the table. What if the boat had of sunk? Then my coffee table would be with Davey Jones Locker. I don’t mind toys from Taiwan, but can’t we have toys from Tennessee as well? The Germans and the Japanese have already strong armed us in the car game. Don’t get me wrong because Honda makes nice cars. America use to be known as a nation that built things. Our manufacturing was the backbone of this country. Now I can’t even get a chair from down the street.

I know how Corporations work. Today they will take orders in the U.S. Tomorrow they will be taking orders from Indonesia. Corporations work by one rule. Make a lot using less. It’s the new American cost of doing business. But if I go to Taco Bell and this happens………………………..

No comments:

Post a Comment