Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding

Isn't it wonderful, the lovely British spirit towards the royal wedding.

Well, is it? Now, I'm not one of those people who bashes the monarchy, and of course I wish them all the luck in the world, but I can't help but be disheartened when I see things like this...

This is the sidebar display on the BBC news page online for the now confirmed criminal attack on a café in Marrakesh, which is a popular tourist destination here in Morocco.

The wedding is a wonderful thing, and it is lovely to see a nation and even the whole world rejoicing in it, but at the same time, it's sad that a well-known and well-respected news agency such as the BBC has articles such as 'What are the saying about the dress?' which are being read more than serious world news. I don't mean to be a downer in any way, but I think that the general public lack of interest in "real" issues is a really sad commentary on the world we live in today.

Once again, I am so glad that the wedding has gone well, and that the country is so happy, and enjoying themselves so much, and I wish the newly weds a happy life together.

But please, don't forget that yesterday 15 people lost their lives. Take an interest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment