Thursday, February 17, 2011

Change is good

Today I changed the shape of my nails from rounded to squared. Like this:


It's the first time I've ever had square cut nails, I normally much prefer to have them rounded. But a friend suggested it, and as usual, I brushed it away. Then I stopped, and got to thinking.

For me, this year is about changing myself. I'm learning a lot, and I'm forcing myself to try new things, be open to new culture and experiences, and to force myself into new situations. And it's not all mental. I'm growing my hair for the first time in 5 years, I'm working out to change my body shape.

It seems like a small thing to change, the shape of your nails. But it's about leaving behind old habits and diving into something new. It might not be right, and I might change them back in a few days, but the point is, I tried it out, and now I know. It's nice sometimes to get a new perspective on yourself. Try it out, and let me know what you change.

No comments:

Post a Comment