Thursday, February 10, 2011

Missing you

Oh England. Today I'm homesick for you.

I had an alright morning, and a lovely lunch with some friends, which I went and did quite spontaneously. But come 3pm, I was leaving to come home, and it was on the taxi journey that I realised something.

I'm homesick.
These are the main things and people I miss.

- My family
- The Boy
- Being spontaneous
- Going out with my friends
- Cooking for myself
- Central heating
- Hugs
- All my friends
- Being comfortable with walking in the dark
- Choosing what to do with my own time
- BBC iplayer
- Normal dinnertimes
- Proper desks
- Carpet
- Driving
- Being cooked pizza for dinner
- Always having someone around

Don't get me wrong, I love it here, and I have a wonderful host family. But everyone misses their home comforts sometime, and today is my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment