Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Et tu, Taco Bell?




Oh Why Lord!!!!!


Last week college students and marijuana smokers all over America heard the worst news ever!!! Alabama-based law firm Beasley Allen filed a lawsuit against Taco Bell. Why? The Firm said that Taco Bell’s meat is actually “
taco meat filling.”

Side Note: Excuse me, I just threw up in my mouth.

“Meat Filling” would be non-meat substances that have small portions of beef and meat seasonings. “Meat Filling” doesn’t qualify for the United States Department of Agriculture definition of beef. U.S.D.A. Beef is without seasoning and has only 30% fat. Of course Taco Bell said the
lawsuit is not true and they are going to fight it. But they still get a *side eye* for putting Silicon Dioxide in their food.

Silicon Dioxide (aka silica) - Forms as sand or quartz crystals and is extremely hard. It is used to make glass, toothpaste, cement, pesticide, and a food additive that helps absorb water. Silicon Dioxide is sorta harmless but it does have some risk to it. It is dangerous if inhaled (in its powdered form) but I doubt we would see it in powder form. Unless we worked somewhere that used the powdered form or created it. **walks away whistling**

Taco Bell probably uses Silicon Dioxide as a food additive to keep all the ingredients together. I say this crossing my fingers thinking about all the Taco Bell I have eaten throughout the years. When I was a young boy McDonalds was my favorite restaurant. Eating there was a rare treat because we didn’t eat out often. When I left home for college, Taco Bell took my attention away from Mickey D’s. “The Bell” was cheap, service was fast and the food was good. Don’t get me wrong because Burger King briefly distracted me. They sold 2 for 2’s i.e. Two Cheeseburgers/Hamburgers and Two Fries. In college, that was like eating steak and potatoes at a fine restaurant. But I couldn’t deny that Mexican Pizza and those darn Soft Tacos. I finally left McDonalds when Taco Bell introduced me to Mountain Dew BAJA BLAST.
It’s the only place where you can get that type of Mountain Dew drink. It’s like selling crack at only one crack house!!! The agony!!!

So what happens now? If this lawsuit turns out to be true, I will not be able to support this establishment anymore. It would be like staying in a relationship that was based on lies. I usually have beef in all of my Taco Bell products. Sometimes I get Steak but even then they always get the order wrong and give me beef. I go to Taco Bell for the “Real Stuff” and not for some kind of pseudo meat filling. Caramel Color and Natural Smoke Flavor have nothing to do with beef!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment